Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing custody arrangements?
I'm a dad of a 7 year old girl, 2 years out of a divorce, I'm on the birth certificate and in the divorce agreement I have access to my daughter every other weekend.

I'm finding every other weekend is not enough, and my daughter says similar things to me about it feeling so long to actually see me in person, what are my options legally?
You can go to court to get a change to any Child Arrangements Order - if you dont already have one.

To be honest - every other weekend is a LOT more than most dads on here
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Hi,

How far away are you from your child?

Any reason why there can't be any midweek contact even if that is just via FaceTime or Skype?

Would mum resist?

F.
(05-10-2017, 03:30 PM)mushroom Wrote: I'm a dad of a 7 year old girl, 2 years out of a divorce, I'm on the birth certificate and in the divorce agreement I have access to my daughter every other weekend.

I'm finding every other weekend is not enough, and my daughter says similar things to me about it feeling so long to actually see me in person, what are my options legally?

In terms of the law, in England its 10 before the Childs wishes and desires can be put to a Court.

However, you can apply to vary if its on a Court Order. It is normal, where a Judge considers shared care workable for you to get 0 or 1 mid week visit or stay over on your week, and 1 or 2 on the other.

Indirect contact can also be part of the order
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mother changing agreed contact arrangements Sadman2016 5 3,817 09-16-2020, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Changing access arrangements Dekker 3 3,515 12-30-2019, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Child custody arrangements alexroutledge 2 3,453 10-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: watsa64
  Changing visitation arrangements Vivagoon 9 18,012 04-10-2016, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Vivagoon