Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Tried Reconciliation?
(11-09-2018, 04:09 PM)SeanS Wrote: I saw exactly the same (almost same words) posted by ex on her FB, but then I also saw on another forum she was seeking moral support due to she claimed she was going thru the most stressful time of her life !

Strong women show it in their attitude, presence, maturity and conversation than on FB posts...

Yep.....praise me for being strong, but can i have some sympathy too please....
I know mine is getting the strong woman stuff from her mum & her sister, both single women who've raised children after break ups. Thier "family song" (family being the 3 of them, very hard to gain complete entry & acceptance when you happen to be male) is Labi Siffri something inside so strong, says it all really. They've welcomed the STBX with open arms into the fold...
(11-09-2018, 04:05 PM)DanDad Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 03:48 PM)Gra76 Wrote: This whole 'woman power' speech sounded a lot like her mum/sister/friends had told her she was a lioness and not to take any shit from me.

Mine took to singing "This is Me" from The Greatest Showman at the top of her lungs at every given opportunity.

One of the most jaw-dropping and at the same time hilarious posts since this whole thing started. Thanks.
(11-09-2018, 04:55 PM)Jim Wrote: The version of the speech I got was along the lines of being independent for the first time in her life. Then a bit later the idea that everything in the marriage was based around me. 

So step aside so she can independently get on with the divorce she wants and maybe plan a bit of independent activity of your own and you get it in the neck for it more than ever.

This is what I got.  Not married, but we split up and one of the first reasons was that she realised everything was "all about you and not for me".  Later it came out that I'd stolen her independence.   I guess when you've been breathtakingly selfish, have cheated on a loyal, hardworking partner and destroyed your kids' childhood, you've got to find something to pin on the other party.

(11-10-2018, 06:43 AM)Jim Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 04:05 PM)DanDad Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 03:48 PM)Gra76 Wrote: This whole 'woman power' speech sounded a lot like her mum/sister/friends had told her she was a lioness and not to take any shit from me.

Mine took to singing "This is Me" from The Greatest Showman at the top of her lungs at every given opportunity.

One of the most jaw-dropping and at the same time hilarious posts since this whole thing started. Thanks.

Why do we have no LOL emoji on here!  It's so cringe-worthy it's sad, really.  Mine is putting pictures of herself on FB, sitting on her bed or whatever, with a dreamy pose on her face and a bizarre, goofy looking mouth she's started pulling.  It's no doubt all for the sake of her male admirers (yes - I sound bitter but I promise you she is on the pull, big time).  Both her sister and I agree that she looks stoned, and probably is.  Whereas everybody else is settling for "gorgeous", "wow!" or "you look so relaxed and chilled".   What gets me is how repellent she used to find this sort of thing and was particularly sanctimonious about it.
Mine has strayed away from the FB thing for the most, I think she's aware how much I find it such a bunch of BS & I'm only on it to keep up with old friends really.

She did put up one of those "sympathy" posts though which instantly got liked by all of her female family & friends, got completely ignored by most mutual friends though (I had words with the one male friend of ours who interfered) so I really don't give a stuff what she does on social media.

I almost feel like a child talking about Facebook & who does/say's what on there but I know when this is all over with, she'll be removed from mine along with all those associated with her. Maybe I can go back to posting pictures of engines & gearboxes again without having to feel like I have to "keep up with the Jones's" & post smiling pics of family life....
Fake book, a good friend of mine calls it, without a hint of irony (she is the biggest FAKE-Booker out there).
The guilt is real, just goes to show how far we are from any possibility of reconciliation now.

Was my youngest lads birthday yesterday, we'd organised taking him, my eldest & a couple of his friends to a trampoline park. I was apprehensive about having to sit with her while they were having their session but thought I could do it, at the last minute I pulled out.

The thought of having to sit with her, even for just an hour or so, was unbearable & even though it was my boys birthday I just couldnt do it so stayed at home & did more painting instead.

Although I feel like I've let my son down on his birthday (he didn't seem to give a monkeys though if I'm honest), I think this just reiterates where I am with her now & the desire to move on & get this over with now far outweighs the hassle it's going to be to get there.
(11-11-2018, 02:35 PM)DanDad Wrote: The thought of having to sit with her, even for just an hour or so, was unbearable

I can relate to this. I couldn't do it now either.

She text me a few weeks back asking for us to meet up and discuss our plans for christmas. I just really dont want to sit down and talk to her at all.

I really cannot stand the person she has become and what she has done. I can barely look her in the eyes because quite frankly she just disgusts me.
This is a good example of one of the impossible situations our exes put us in. I had to do the same for my 3 year old's party. She loves kids parties and organised everything, invited the whole class. I couldn't face it. So I didn't go. She was the hero, battling on while the deadbeat Dad couldn't even be bothered to show up. I'm sure that's how it looked. In reality I just couldn't be around this person who has caused so much damage and act like I was having a great time.
I'm really struggling with her now, the bitterness & resentment I feel towards her is getting out of hand.

I know I should get a grip, be a grown up as I can't be setting a good example to my boys when you can cut the atmosphere with a knife at my house, but I just can't seem to do it. If I could leave right now I would, if just to save my sanity, but I'm going to hold in there until the bitter end somehow. Amazing to think that just 3 months or so ago I would have jumped at the chance to sort things out with her.