Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Therapist to blame?
(11-19-2018, 10:31 PM)DadDolent Wrote: Well James damore case is well documented. People can read about his case and listen to the guy on BBC, (no sorry youtube), and make up their mind. Whatever the merits of his argument, that proves my point about political correctness.

If you are saying there should be 50/50  men and women on all top jobs but not necessarily so for brick laying jobs, then of course not, and there are many reasons for that. It is not all prejudice , not even close.

There is so much misinformation out there, it is mind boggling. I have recently learnt that mainstream media is not the place to go to get balanced information. But Let's just agree to disagree.

And yes true feminists should focus on the rest of the world where women are truly discriminated against rather than feeling sorry for themselves for not getting enough preferential treatment.

It's well documented - but unless you get all of your information from the Manosphere or that "documentary" Red Pill, you'll see that no - he was just a bit sexist and utterly incapable of putting his ideas across properly.

I'm saying - as I would hope every single one of you should - that women should have an equal opportunity to do *all* jobs - brick laying or otherwise.

Feminists do focus on true discrimination. I do, you should, we all should.

Preferential treatment, or positive discrimination, has been shown to be needed, in extremis, to counter structural inequality in race, gender and sexuality. Seems to only be the straight white guys who benefitted unwittingly from that privilege who complain about it however.
(11-20-2018, 09:37 AM)Kate Wrote: Yesterday morning the BBC had an interview with Amina Mohammed, Deputy General Secretary of the UN. At the end of the interview she said that she hoped that the Security Council would eventually be 50/50 male and female, but then added that if they could get it to 70/30, even better! The BBC then showed a brief glimpse of a sign that said “The Future is Female”. I felt like I was being subliminally programmed!  Rolleyes

That is horrendous! Is that feminism?
I am not white. It is so worng to dismiss somebody's argument by attributing motives to them or referring to what class or race they belong to.
I didn’t Smile

Feel free to comment on the meat of the argument however Smile
I suggest the following sources of information for balanced views. Not sure if this is what you call manosphere:
Google
Youtube
BBC
Guardian
Quillete
Vox
etc.

Regarding positive discrimination so you define feminism one who believes in equal opportunity for all + positive discrimination.

Hmm we are getting somewhere.
(11-20-2018, 12:06 PM)DadDolent Wrote: I suggest the following sources of information  for balanced views. Not sure if this is what you call manosphere:
Google
Youtube
BBC
Guardian
Quillete
Vox
etc.

The first two are mediums, not publishers and as they're un filtered, they are full of crap - see flat earth, well, anything. Youtube especially is a source of uncorroborated victimisation theories and other rubbish.

The BBC has been discredited by left and right for a good while now, but without specific links it's hard to comment.

(11-20-2018, 12:06 PM)DadDolent Wrote: Regarding positive discrimination so you define feminism one who believes in equal opportunity for all + positive discrimination. 

Hmm we are getting somewhere.

I don't need to define Feminism at all, it has a definition already and doesn't include positive discrimination - I just said that it is sometimes needed to address structural inequality.

"Feminism is a range of political movementsideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social equality of sexes.[1][2] This includes seeking to establish educational and professional opportunities for women that are equal to those for men."
Filtering= censorship.

That is the point. Free speech is about allowing people to listen to everything and anything with a good dose of critical thinking.

Something the far left is hell bent on preventing.
(11-20-2018, 12:32 PM)DadDolent Wrote: Filtering= censorship.

That is the point. Free speech is about allowing people to listen to everything and anything with a good dose of critical thinking.

I didn't mention free speech, but if you go to YouTube for anything  reliable you need your head examined. The problem is most people do not have the critical thinking facilities required to make a justified, well thought out decision. See Brexit, Capital Punishment, Trump, goddamned nazis in 2018 and every other bloody ridiculous thing happening recently. Popular does not mean good. 

(11-20-2018, 12:32 PM)DadDolent Wrote: Something the far left is hell bent on preventing.

Seriously? Who told you that? Infowars?
Just to get back on topic - my daughter saw three counsellors after the separation, when she told them that her mum had an affair the response of the first two (much to my daughters dismay) was, "tell me what your dad did that was so bad that made your mum have an affair".....
Sandman.....I posted this before but I think its relevant enough for it to be posted again here

https://imgflip.com/i/2f9ohl