Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netmums
(11-21-2018, 06:46 PM)DadDolent Wrote: "we may well be the 10% of guys who give a damn"

Really,! Unbelievable. So you think that 90% of dad's don't give a damn.

Really is that what people think these days?

"may" was the key phrase there. I'm fairly sure it's not actually something you can put a figure on, but we can be fairly certain it's less than 00% right?

And how many active users are there on the Netmum separation forums compared to this entire forum? less than 10% of their figures I have no doubt Smile

Keep it friendly...

(11-21-2018, 08:30 PM)DanDad Wrote: 10% of guys who give a damn, back this up please?

A member, a moderator who's losing popularity fast with his own lifestyle belieifs IMO & just pushing his new found agenda on everyone else.

We haven't all been given prescription drugs to get through our sepearations, some of us survive as we are.

Personal attacks aren't tolerated on this forum.
Putting a "May" in front of the most outrageous statements in no way justifies it.
(11-21-2018, 10:00 PM)DadDolent Wrote: Putting a "May" in front of the most outrageous statements in no way justifies it.

That’s your opinion and you’re welcome to it. I assure you Netmum has more users than us though Smile
And that is a scientific method of gauging commitment of dads to their children!

But you are right that is how most of the statistics relating to family law policy come about.
Keep your cool man you’re in the 10-Xx% so don’t sweat it.
Either I will need to go pat myself on the back or go and have stoic session or both.
No stoicism didn't help. In case anybody comes up with a BS argument like that again, please somebody point out to the fact Men don't generally tend to get together as much and instead suffer in silence.

And while at it I encourage people to go over and do some research into the deadbeat dads myth too.
Well maybe if you looked into any other form of actual help - you might be a bit less angry against people in the same boat as you man. Chill. We’re all here for the same reason.
Tamagoto, sorry, mate, you got it wrong on that one and it's probably worth just accepting that the 10% was a mistake ... and moving on.

The number of users at netmums is irrelevant and not a proof of anything. There are several reasons:
1. Women are more likely than men to sign up and engage in forums talking with others of their kind;
2. The Netmums forum is not a single-topic forum like this one which, unashamedly, states in the domain name its very specific focus (so netmums will of course have a lot more members);
3. Netmums is highly commercial with a lot of advertising and can afford to promote itself to attract a large membership. I knew about the Netmums forum for years before I got served a divorce petition this year and found separateddads!

Most fathers are good fathers. There's enough society bias against fathers without a dads forum adding to it. 10% was a mistake. Any number is a mistake ... unless you have incontrovertible stats. You have made some wise and intelligent posts on this forum. This wasn't one of them. It would be big of you to retract it.
OK maybe we can calm this conversation down please - its not conducive to the flow of the chat (or actually how the thread started).

Each and every moderator is also a person, with their own thoughts and opinions (just like me), and personal attacks are not tolerated on the forum.

There will never be any "right or wrong" answer or any "right or wrong" aspect or demographic that says X% of Dads (or Mums) are awesome or actually give a shit about their kids - theres never been any definitive answer on this (and there is unlikely to be - how long is a piece of string anyway?)
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.