Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It never ends, any advice on how to protect ourselves?
(01-13-2020, 07:00 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: ok so you been released under investigation at moment. Have any conditions been given which will be on bottom of slip saying what you can and cant do .
Are you still able to see your children as normal despite this serious accusation she has made?

Did they confiscate your mobile and laptop etc to assist with investigation?

Hi warwickshire1.

No conditions at all and I do still have normal access to my children, because I am yet to be charged. My solicitor said to the police that I deserved being ‘Released under investigation’ rather than Bail, because Bail comes with conditions, conditions my ex might try to use as justification to stop access with my children, and as there is a high chance this is just a malicious accusation (which it is), then they would be playing into her hands.

Clearly the police agreed, but I have since found out that they like to use ‘Released under investigation’ more and more now because there are no time constraints on them, whereas as Bail rules were changed in 2017 that mean people have to be let go, charged, or re-bailed every 30 days. So although I am pleased I have not yet been charged considering the fact it’s a disgusting lie, it does leave me sat around waiting and waiting not knowing what my future holds.

Yes they did take my property as well, which seems pointless as certainly nothing on them or even would be relating to the accusation, but that will mean it gets sent off adding huge volumes of time on….
Although it is going to take an awful long time it is highly likely going to come to nothing. if they have your mobile phone contact mobile phone provider and say u lost simcard and get replacement and put in another phone. Your ex motive was probably for u to be charged and remanded . you got kids so just carry on day to day life as mormal and avoid ex at all costs.
It can take a very long time being released under investigation, it is horrible process
(01-14-2020, 02:12 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: It can take a very long time being released under investigation, it is horrible process

Since being in this predicament myself, I have read on a lot of awful stories about the time taken to conclude an investigation. I certainly feel a change in the law should be passed to protect people from being kept in limbo, especially when accusations like the ones made against me are nothing more than bile, done to cause harm
Hi Goetia

It must be a very worrying time for you, but at least your solicitor stepped in and averted anything that would affect your current arrangements for your children. 

People with common sense would see immediately that historical allegations can be problematic, but the law seems to have deviated from common (sense) law.  Dodgy

The link below shows just how much the law is tightening up. Previously, there was a 5 year limit, but now there’s no time limit.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/chang...nto-effect

My son wasn’t married to his partner, but they have a son together. It does make me wonder if she could make similar allegations if he upsets her.
(01-14-2020, 09:13 PM)Kate Wrote: Hi Goetia

It must be a very worrying time for you, but at least your solicitor stepped in and averted anything that would affect your current arrangements for your children. 

People with common sense would see immediately that historical allegations can be problematic, but the law seems to have deviated from common (sense) law.  Dodgy

The link below shows just how much the law is tightening up. Previously, there was a 5 year limit, but now there’s no time limit.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/chang...nto-effect

My son wasn’t married to his partner, but they have a son together. It does make me wonder if she could make similar allegations if he upsets her.

My children are not yet at an age that relationships are an issue, but based purely on what I have gone through myself (and still am), I do share your worries of them being caught up or on the wrong end of a toxic partner.

I absolutely understand all the need to ensure our police and courts look after victims of rape and sexual assault, and that they are treated correctly and supported through the process, but no one is allowed to highlight the fact that yes I am sure some people get away with it, but that is not justification for swinging the law so much the other way it encourages vindictive people to lie and make up situations as form of punishment. I know its uncomfortable for many to accept, but there are many women out there who are willing to take these steps to lie, but no one is willing to publicly say it due to the guaranteed reaction of hatred they will get in return.

Thank you for the support Kate
Hi kate i see your link you posted that is for legal aid for family court. she isnt making allegations to get legal aid. his ex is trying to get him into criminal court and sent to prison for an alleged allegation whilst they were married. If it was in family court it would of been a find a fact hearing possibly. Believe it or not i did hear although there is no time limit for domestic violence claims to obtain legal aid they are now making it harder to get legal aid as well. Some people are getting knocked back , it could be because they had previously obtained legal aid for family court and nothing come of their allegations and therefore next time refused i am not too sure.

Being released under investigation as goetia is at moment is even worse and very stressful. Its the not knowing whilst police take as long as it takes to conclude an investigation. There is no limit how long it can take for them to reach a conclusion. luckily goetia is seeing kids as normal otherwise i imagine goetia would be extremely unhappy with whats happening.
hopefully it wont take any longer than a few months. I do know that it was always going to be released under investigation as they have no choice due to the seriousness of the allegation. If they didnt look into it all hell would break loose so they are under pressure to leave no stone unturned
(01-15-2020, 07:26 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: If they didnt look into it all hell would break loose so they are under pressure to leave no stone unturned

You are absolutely correct, and I have to say everyone at the police station from arrest to release was incredibly kind to me, although it was still an unpleasant thing to go through.

They do have a job to do, and I respect that, but in the same breath until a conviction it would be appreciated if they were allowed to view the accused as a potential victim also to better manage how long they leave people in limbo. The problem is no one is allowed to dare utter that some women will use things even as sensitive as these allegations as lies to simply hurt and attack, but there are many unscrupulous women and their actions make us the victim, but a victim no one cares about outside of groups such as these ones
Hi all.

I just wanted to update this thread to let people know that no further action was taken against me.

I was innocent of the accusation then, and I am innocent of the accusation now.

Thank you to those that kindly offered me words of comfort and support, and for anyone finding this thread due to being in a similar situation, I hope this update brings you some comfort knowing that if you keep true and stay strong, our lying vengeful ex’s don’t always win no matter how dirty they may play.
Great news , but crikey didnt it take a very long time for you finally be able to move on and put it behind you.
(10-05-2020, 05:01 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: Great news , but crikey didnt it take a very long time for you finally be able to move on and put it behind you.

Thank you, and yes a VERY long time.

(10-05-2020, 05:55 PM)Tigre Wrote: Great news indeed! Congrats mate! Absolutely absurd its taken so long though, I can only imagine its a huge relief for you. What happens now? Will there be a any repercussions against ex for making false allegation of something so serous?

All in all did it take 10 months? I am in a similar situation and really hope I don't have to wait that long. Enfuriating that exes are allowed to do something so heinous just easy like that and walk away. I really hope there are consequences for your ex, and soon , mine.

Thank you, and yes it’s been a very long time coming.

Sadly, I am unable to take any action against the ex because nothing can be proven, i.e. they can’t prove I did it (which I didn’t), but because of that they can’t also prove she is just a malicious liar…. And this is why so many nasty vile people make up such heinous accusations because there are no consequences.

For me, and others like me, we however have to live with the shame of being arrested, being questioned by the police for something we never did, and have a permanent record against our name that this accusation occurred. In my opinion that shouldn’t be allowed, but it is, so nothing we can do, and just have to accept that any job we wish to apply for that requires an enhanced DBS check will show this information and natural bias by people will mean we won’t be hired regardless of innocence.   

Stay strong, stay honest, and your day will come like mine

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to protect my kids, emergency orders? misterm 3 6,190 12-02-2016, 07:05 PM
Last Post: MarkR