Separated Dads
Child Arrangement through court- How long can it take? - Printable Version

+- Separated Dads (http://www.separateddads.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Separated Dads forum (http://www.separateddads.co.uk/forum/forum-19.html)
+--- Forum: Contact & Residence Issues, Problems with Child Arrangements (http://www.separateddads.co.uk/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Child Arrangement through court- How long can it take? (/thread-3984.html)

Child Arrangement through court- How long can it take? - Dell - 08-26-2017

Dear Fellows,

Please can you advise on how long does it take to seek court based child arrangement?

Bit of background I had changed my immigration status on basis of my wife, which she got curtailed on pretext of divorcing which is ongoing process now. So I am applying on basis of my child who is british citizen and I was told by some solicitor I need to have some kind of court order on child arrangement to stay back in the country. The truth is I have been supporting my child and home since my wife on maternity. I am worried about my child as this would totally take me away from little one. Please can you advice/

RE: Child Arrangement through court- How long can it take? - Dazzpol - 08-26-2017

(08-26-2017, 06:38 PM)Dell Wrote: Dear Fellows,

Please can you advise on how long does it take to seek court based child arrangement?

Bit of background I had changed my immigration status on basis of my wife, which she got curtailed on pretext of divorcing which is ongoing process now. So I am applying on basis of my child who is british citizen and I was told by some solicitor I need to have some kind of court order on child arrangement to stay back in the country. The truth is I have been supporting my child and home since my wife on maternity. I am worried about my child as this would totally take me away from little one. Please can you advice/

Hi Dell.

In my case it took 8 months. I guess it depends on the court, whether you're represented or not. It can also depend on whether reports have to be prepared for the court by the likes of CAFCAS etc.

Good luck

RE: Child Arrangement through court- How long can it take? - Dell - 08-26-2017

Thanks Dazzpol,

Do you know if mediation or self discussion evidence is important to apply for Court based arrangement?

RE: Child Arrangement through court- How long can it take? - MarkR - 08-26-2017

No case is ever the same. You might get a deal done at your first hearing, or it might go on for months.

RE: Child Arrangement through court- How long can it take? - leephat - 09-13-2017

Mine took 4 months. It depends on the court. Some courts are busier than other so may take longer in those. You need to make sure everything you submit is correct so that it is not returned to you for amendments