Separated Dads
PLEASE HELP ME! - Printable Version

+- Separated Dads (http://www.separateddads.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Separated Dads forum (http://www.separateddads.co.uk/forum/forum-19.html)
+--- Forum: Contact & Residence Issues, Problems with Child Arrangements (http://www.separateddads.co.uk/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: PLEASE HELP ME! (/thread-8078.html)

PLEASE HELP ME! - lovingdad314 - 11-03-2018

Hi. Just wondering if anyone can help. Partners ex stopped contact six months ago. Before this he was having them three over nights a week. He paid for mediation. She didn’t attend. There has been three court hearings. She hasn’t attended. She’s played the “ I’m in labour card twice ( she was pregnant ) and the third time she played the “ ive just had a baby” card. Anyway the final hearing is next Thursday and surprise surprise she’s trying to get it postponed till next year stating she has anxiety and is tired after having a baby six weeks ago!! She’s on social media going out and happy as Larry! YET SHE SAYS SHE CANT ATTEND COURT!!

Does anyone no or think the judge will accept the adjournment request on the grounds she has anxiety ? Or will he see right through her !

Can I also add she has a doctors note stating she has anxiety but it doesn’t say she is unfit to attend court

Really sick of all this. My partner has played ball the whole time. He’s spent over 2000 on private soliciter up to now and she’s yet to turn up to any hearing !

RE: PLEASE HELP ME! - warwickshire1 - 11-03-2018

It depends on the day. I would say that they shouldnt allow it to be postponed anxiety and being tired are very poor excuses. It is basically telling a judge in my opinion i am going to delay proceedings as long as i can anyway possible costing daddy of kids loads of money knowing that he is going to get loads of access once its all resolved anyway. Reason she is doing it is also cause she wont even get much more than a lecture for it.

What i would make sure is crucially you get a order written up preventing her from playing game as least as possible and if your partners child is at school use them as much as you possibly can for handovers.

Has your partner actually been getting any form of contact in last 6 months.

Sometimes all parties have to attend court on day and then she can try and adjourn it but it wont help her case if she repeatedly dont show and the fact it is actually a final hearing. I would also mention that on top of everything an adjournment would be also to stop his son/daughter from spending xmas together and is done out of malice.
I think the bench which will probably be the same as previous hearings or at least have some of the magistrates present who will see that she refused mediation and has already missed numerous hearings and arent as daft as they appear . A doctors note stating she has anxiety also isnt going to help her , how many people are really nervous when they attend court and are naturally anxious.

RE: PLEASE HELP ME! - lovingdad314 - 11-04-2018

Thanks so much for your reply. U seem to be the only one on here that replies!

He’s had no contact at all for six month. They couldn’t grant it because of the accusations she made - none of which she has any evidence for .

RE: PLEASE HELP ME! - warwickshire1 - 11-04-2018

It may also he may of declined supervised access which may have been offered at a previous hearing. Not suggesting he was offered any but normally they would do so before a final hearing unless it was due to her not showing it couldnt be arranged.

If its a final hearing you should of been given a incline what contact you may get as cafcass would of done a report recommending what contact you should get or may have discussed it. I imagine there isnt really anything that is too much of an issue as you are now at a final hearing. How old is child in question, is he/she at school now?

As its a final hearing and her excuses are poor for adjournment and previous no shows and no intention of reaching agreement. They should say its crucial its resolved as it is detrimental to child been kept away from father for another 2/3 months. whatever happens november contact will have to be given and maybe phased /built up .

As regards to nobody replying. I think majority of people that reply on here have their children weekends or are working. You will normally start getting a lot of replies from sunday night and normally a lot during week.

RE: PLEASE HELP ME! - Charlie7000 - 11-05-2018

Hi. I have removed your duplicate thread from the "court results" section. I should email the court requesting that the hearing goes ahead due to her not attending any of the previous three court hearings and due to stress for the children who have now not seen their Father for six months. The focus always needs to be on the best interests of the children.

RE: PLEASE HELP ME! - MarkR - 11-05-2018

(11-05-2018, 02:17 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: Hi.  I have removed your duplicate thread from the "court results" section.  I should email the court requesting that the hearing goes ahead due to her not attending any of the previous three court hearings and due to stress for the children who have now not seen their Father for six months.  The focus always needs to be on the best interests of the children.

I am with Charlie on this.

If I see duplicate threads I no longer repond to them, as I do not have the time to locate and then read over what has been said so far on it.

In terms of the way forward on this case, make it clear to the Court, that they do have the option to put "Interium Contact" in place, even if its just every other weekend (and some time during the Christmas Holidays), and then you could agree for it to be listed in 3 months time.