Separated Dads
school issues - Printable Version

+- Separated Dads (http://www.separateddads.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome! CLICK TO GO STRAIGHT TO FORUM (http://www.separateddads.co.uk/forum/forum-19.html)
+--- Forum: Outside Involvement, CAFCASS etc (http://www.separateddads.co.uk/forum/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: school issues (/thread-9042.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: school issues - TwoWheels - 11-19-2019

(11-19-2019, 07:20 PM)jamesbond Wrote: two wheels, is it easy to find if the childs school is academy or not?

It should say on the school's website whether it is or not; if not then give the school receptionist a call and ask them. If you don't want to speak to the school, call your local council education department as they'll know, or have a look for it in the list at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/open-academies-and-academy-projects-in-development.

RE: school issues - Sb1353 - 11-19-2019

(11-19-2019, 07:20 PM)jamesbond Wrote: many thanks to sb, Charlie and twowheels for taking the time to reply. For sb, Im sorry to read that you are experiencing the same shit as me. Not nice. There may be teacher dads on here so no offence is meant but.... who do these teachers think they are.
anyway, To sb, did you have a meeting booked? When you got to the school what happened? Did they have a meeting then chance their attitude?
two wheels, is it easy to find if the childs school is academy or not?
to other dads that are following and in similar place, contact the school. We need to be more pro active against schools breaking the law
cheers all

In my case it was emergency so as soon as my son told me that his mother and grandmother hits him I reported it to the police and children services. In regards with the school I did bot make a meeting as I explained it was quiet urgent. School weren't interested in meeting me anyway as ex had already poisoned them and they took side with her. When I asked for complain procedure headteacher then was interested to see me.  As you may know any complaint has to be kept in school for Ofsted inspections. So even though the government guideline say they must treat both parents the same in my case they didn't. I didn't even received an apologies from the school. I am now writing to school governors. I have a feeling that they will back the school.  I will go as far as Ofsted to prove my point that fathers like us want to be involved in our children educations and their lives so no one can stop us.

Headteacher wants me to move on and told me I can make appointment to come and talk about my child education. However, I want them to accept wrongdoing and apologise.

Finally I want the school to tell me what information (lies) they were told by ex to treat me like a criminal so I can take poisonous ex to the court for defamation of character and harming my reputation. I will teach that Bxxxh a lesson she will never forget.

RE: school issues - jamesbond - 12-06-2019

Update. Waited a long time for a meeting, even thou the teacher in question was trying to swerve it. Started by asking for permission to record so I have an accurate account. Teacher refused. Wasn't happy straight away. Rushed off to bring in a colleague . I knew the second was going to back the first of course. I asked for a simply statement explaining "this meeting is suspended and why" . Refused. 2 teachers stuck on a loop. Why? to me.
I will now ramp it up to body of governors. Feel they know they are in the wrong. and drawing up the draw bridge. From experience do the board side with school or are they likely to help? thanks

RE: school issues - Rockingit - 12-12-2019

I know I'm going to have this battle probably next year when mine is looking at moves up to Secondary. For some balance, I've had for the most part great support from her primary school, OK the occasional bit of info doesn't get to me but that's usually oversight rather than 'policy'. Her Head and I probably exchange an email every couple of months as an average and it's on friendly terms. I have no doubt that my ex tries to be a poison dwarf with the school office and her teachers but I think my 'frustratedly calm' approach is making them realise who the antagonist is!

However.... when I contacted County Hall education to make sure that they have both of our addresses on record (I have a live with/live with) they told me they could only hold the address of the parent with Child Benefit.......... which is just outrageous as it makes a mockery of the court order.

RE: school issues - jamesbond - 05-11-2020

Sorry to hear rocking it that you have this attitude from county hall education. "only one parent"!!. Sounds like bull to me. Does the computer only have space in the box for one name?. Wot if you name was unreachable in case of emergency.
My update. Wrote to board of governors. Polite approach. Not even a reply. So will be going to Ofstead next. Any dads done this also?

RE: school issues - Chi21965 - 05-12-2020

Good evening Mr Bond. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I did write to OFSTED about my children's nursery. It was the case that my ex tried to exclude me and speaking to the manager, I was told, "I know fhe mother and I know her mother, but I don't know you." This despite having (and sharing to her) that part of the court order which reinforces my right to information (I'm a dad on the birth certificate). Writing to OFSTED was as simple as filling out the form online. I never heard back from them and it was close to my kids leaving. Fast forward to primary school. When the judge ordered that i pick the children up from school and that mother be absent and not in the vicinity (and hand the order to the school) the school's response was to have the children handed to me personally by the Head. I guess some people respond to the law.

Before writing to OFSTED, there is one other thing you can do, which is to contact the education department and ask why it is that the school does not feel the need to comply with court orders. I did that too and it was passed on to their Safeguarding team, though there are (nor have ever been) any safeguarding concerns. I think yih should add pressure in every direction.

RE: school issues - jamesbond - 05-12-2020

hi Chi, thanks for reply. 2 points to ask,. First one- "to contact the education department"? You mean the school? Secondly regards the safeguard team. In my case it is a safeguard appointed teacher that lied to me in the first place and the person at the centre of my complaint .
It worries me that you got no reply from Ofsted. wtf! bar stewards. I will take this to local MP if necessary

RE: school issues - Chi21965 - 05-13-2020

Education Dept? At the school? No mate, the council! You have to remember that some schools operate like little fiefdoms where they think they can do as they please. Reporting them to their own Local Authority Education Dept might just help to remind them of their obligations to both parents.

I have to say this, I have been unimpressed with the children's local council room the beginning from social services through to other departments. My ex is a great actress and has manipulated the nursery, social services and CAFCASS. Change came when a guardian was appointed and pointed out (repeatedly) that this was all part of thr ex's MO.

Stick to your guns and do contact the Education Dept/Schools Dept at the council. The board of governors is an idea too but they may just kowtow to the Head. And yes it push comes to shove, do take it up with it up with your MP. Ofsted? I'm not surprised I didn't get an answer. From what I understand, they take less of an interest in private nurseries.