Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Looking for some advice!
(05-20-2017, 06:44 AM)MarkR Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 10:17 PM)Seperateddad2017 Wrote: Hi New on here!

I've recently separated from my partner and we are at a disagreement on what we should do with our child.

I've tried to be fair but it's got to the point where I have no option but to start thinking about taking this to court.
I was wondering if anyone could message me so I can talk to them about it because I don't know what to do and I don't want to post what I have so far on here.

I really want full custody to be honest! 


The first thing is ensuring you have PR, what you get by being named on the Birth Certificate, being married on the day of birth or by other means (you will know if this is the case).

Without PR you have no legal standing. With PR your on the same legal standing as your ex until a Child Arrangements Order is made.

In most cases, the order will say xxx lives with and spends time with xxx. The parent who it says the child lives with would be the Resident Parent, who can claim Child Benefit what qualifies them to claim Child Tax Credit and have the Chils Occupancy considered as part of a Housing Benefit claim.

There is not enough detail knows, so I am going to keep it to general things. We do not want anything on the forum what might idenify you or anyone else involved in the case, but by clicking on members ID, you can see links to Private Message. Its fine to message me if the detail can not go on the thread, and ill then add other Mods into the message if its regarding an area they also know a lot about.

Up to 2 years, unless there is Child Protection/Welfare Issues, or you can evidance that provision for feeding takes place when the mother is not present, then you will only. You should expect to get along the lines of 4-6 hours a week, what might be over 1 or 2 days.

From 2, courts seperate between what they consider to be care time (School Term Monday - Thursday) and Quality Time (Weekend and school holidays).
A normal starting point is Friday till Sunday every 2 weeks, and up to half school holidays, so in effect its halfing the quality time.

Where shared care is practical/workable then mid week visits or stay overs can also happen, so it might be you ask for 0 or 1 on your week, 1 or 2 on hers.
Its vary rare 50/50- is ordered, due to Child Benefit having to see who exceeds 50% of nights if its disputed.

Unless there is good reasons in the unknown detail, you might be better trying for more like shared care. Also I am not seeing any way to avoid the requirement for Mediation at this stage, but this might change when the detail is known.

There is aspects in this case what would identify people involved if it went public.

Its not as straightforwards as the above suggests it might be.

The member is in contact with me via PM.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Messages In This Thread
Looking for some advice! - by Seperateddad2017 - 05-19-2017, 10:17 PM
RE: Looking for some advice! - by MarkR - 05-20-2017, 06:44 AM
RE: Looking for some advice! - by MarkR - 05-20-2017, 08:57 AM

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)