Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What next
(09-19-2017, 09:06 AM)helpless dad Wrote: ok been a while since posted.

had my first court hearing last month, due to allegations by ex cafcass were instructed to do a section 7 with enhanced police check regarding the allegations, I was also only given supervised contact once a fourtnite while the allegations were checked.

I had interview with cafcass last week were they informed me they have done advanced checks and there was nothing there against me which ex had stated and they said there was no safeguarding concerns regarding me, they also checked my property and said it was more than good enough for my child for overnight stay,

I have next court appearance soon as there is no safeguarding issues should I ask courts to advance interim contact to un supervised, as I no it will go to final hearing as the mother is not budging on anything and even wouldn't let the cafcass officer supervise our child when they came to see me to see my parenting ability,

cafcass advised me because I had my child every weekend to put in for alternative weekends so he has quality time with both parents,
im still waiting for a report of them but my experience seemed to have went well especially them stating contact doesn't need to be supervised and my property was good enough for overnight stay,

so what should I ask for at next court appearance to progress contact

thanks

You should ask for contact to be unsupervised, and for her alligations to be set down for a "Finding of Fact" hearing. Either she evidances them, or the Court can not consider it.

In terms of what to ask for, you would get half the quality time, what is weekends and school holidays. Therefore, my suggestion is

Friday till Sunday every 2 weeks

Half Term (1 week holiday), either normal weekend on a 4 weeks a year plan, or if wanting half, normal weekend with 2.5 extra days, so contact will start or end on the Wednesday lunchtime.

Easter/Christmas, 1 week and either shared significant days, or turns each.

Summer, a 2 week block and either another weekend on a 4 week plan, or another 8 day block or 2x4 day block. You need to bear in mind that you have a 2 week window to go on holiday in, and that you ex might also want to go away, so the weekends might not follow normal timetable.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Messages In This Thread
What next - by helpless dad - 09-19-2017, 09:06 AM
RE: What next - by MarkR - 09-19-2017, 09:32 AM