Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instructed my solicitor finally – What to expect next?
Hello Dads,

I won't go into too much detail at this stage (unless anyone has any questions) but I have recently given my solicitor the go ahead to apply to the courts/inform the ex that they are representing me – Child arrangement order.

I have a million questions that I'd like to sit and discuss with the solicitor but I am very worried about money and getting billed, so thought I'd ask here!

Basically, my ex moved out a month ago and went to her parents house. She didn't tell me she was leaving or that she was taking the kids with her. It was only via text I found out they were all gone, permanently. 

Since she left I have had a whole range of accusations thrown my way (all untrue or complete bending of half truths). This has resulted in the ex saying that I am not allowed to see the children alone – I have not seen or spoken to my daughter since they left and I have seen my son twice, for an hour each time (with my ex's friend sitting watching us). I have always been a great Dad to them and my children love me as I do them - We were so very close until she took them and they do not deserve this and neither do I. 

My question is a general one - What actually happens now that my solicitor if submitting a CAO to the courts? What will the likely context of the letter that is being sent to my ex be? How long does this process usually take? What sort of evidence do I need to collate? Sorry! so many questions...Maybe there's a link someone could point me toward that answers these questions. What is the point of Parental Responsibility if my ex can just take the kids away and not inform me of schooling matters/doctors etc and will likely keep our home and my children for 90% of the time?

It's not worth going into details of the breakup because it's all so complicated, but will somebody official talk/question my children (aged 5 and 9). I don't want them to be dragged into anything but they are the only ones who can disprove much of what their mother accusing me of. I feel like I can't win either way.

I don't think I could handle 4 days a Month – It seems so unfair when I read about great Dads going through this. 

Sorry for the rant.

Messages In This Thread
Instructed my solicitor finally – What to expect next? - by Sector78G - 02-11-2018, 08:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally light in the tunnel pazzer1973 7 3,996 10-23-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: pazzer1973
  Finally got the courage to post Rob74 46 29,698 04-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Last Post: GC1974
  Just Instructed Solicitor - Advice Please RD84 5 3,678 02-20-2018, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Hazy
Question It's Finally Happened Paisley1 3 4,596 07-31-2016, 06:56 PM
Last Post: johnwtaylor1980