Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex wife is 5 months pregnant - how could this affect my relationship with my children
Hey gang - long time no post - because everything had been ticking along nicely for a few months!

Quick background. Married 10 years. 2 kids 5&7. She had an affair with a close friend of mine, I left. Divorced now papers say adultery. Bitter custody battle and I have 5 days out of 14.

Today’s news. Got a letter from her addresses to my solicitor saying she was 5 months pregnant. The father is not the guy she left me for but his flat mate (ho ho). I knew the two of them had been spending a lot of time with each other and my kids say they really like him.

I’m in shock to be honest. She never wanted more kids, got chronic post natal depression each time and had massive physical issues after the birth of our second child.

I’m really worried about his this will change my relationship with my kids. Will I see them more? Less? Will they become closer to him as that will be a family unit? Is she fucking the kids up more because she won’t last with this guy (she really won’t). Will they move and take the kids further away from me?

I’m really a bit shook up about it - but I also know this happens all the time.

Any advice? Anything I should check or do? Use it as an opportunity to get more custody?

Cheers all - appreciate your ear.

Messages In This Thread
Ex wife is 5 months pregnant - how could this affect my relationship with my children - by Tamagoto - 07-04-2018, 10:11 PM