Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPS Wont fully Disclose, Fallen for two traps, PLEASE HELP!
I hate to say this, but your Legal Aid solicitor will be getting paid whether you get the cat 1 or the cat 3 sentence. You’d hope that they’d be fighting for you and in the interests of justice, but very often it seems that they just want to take the easy road.

It could be that if you and your solicitor can prepare a decent defense to the CPS’s evidence (and the CPS evidence is a little weak), then on the day of the Newton Hearing your solicitor may be able to do a deal with them prior to the hearing. Something similar happened to my son. On the day of the hearing, his solicitor and the CPS solicitor got together and it was agreed that the Newton Hearing wasn’t necessary. He then got sentenced on the basis of his original guilty plea to a technical breach of a Non-Molestation Order, rather than the major breach that the CPS alleged. I don’t know enough about law to know if this is possible in your case, but it might be worth mentioning to your solicitor.

Good luck.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CPS Wont fully Disclose, Fallen for two traps, PLEASE HELP! - by Kate - 08-06-2018, 09:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wont disclose address tdci 2 1,157 01-09-2019, 07:25 PM
Last Post: tdci