Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New to this and looking for a shoulder

In September last year I separated from my wife. I was unfortunately dealing with a gambling problem and I was using a lot of porn / online sex chats and stuff a married man shouldn't be doing. 

I had contact with my children overnight in the October following but I returned them home to be told by my wife that all future contact was to be through her solicitor. I was then advised by letter in January that Social work were involved. I assumed this due to her being left unable to pay rent and she was pregnant at the time. 

I've recently been advised by my solicitor that the police were actually contacted in October last year and and social work involved as a result. I was given an incident reference but I have been unable to find out exactly what the allegation was. I have not been contacted by any organisation in the 13 months that have passed. 

I am naturally worried about what has been said but my solicitor and friends who are involved in police have assured me that if I had something to worry about, I would have been notified by someone in this time. 

My first question is, is there a way for me to find out the details of the police/social work involvement? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Secondly,  I am now 1 year into a recovery from gambling and now ready to pursue contact. My solicitor expects us to be in court before Christmas and I am just very anxious about what to expect. 

Thanks for reading and hopefully hear back from someone.

Messages In This Thread
New to this and looking for a shoulder - by Scott1230 - 11-08-2018, 03:17 PM

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)