Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forced to move out BUT there is hope!
Hi all, 

So I have been posting on here for several months.  I started when I was worried that my relationship was going to end and I thought my world was going to end.

So, I was married for 15+ years and had 2 children and we all lived together in the family home.

My ex decided one day that she no longer wanted to be with me (turned out that she was having an affair). 

My ex wanted nothing else but for me to leave the family home - she would make constant false allegations and constantly bad mouth me to anyone who would listern.

After much advice, I decided to hang on for as long as I could at home.  I knew she would be difficult with my access to the children so I really didn't want to leave.

It all ended in a court after my ex falsely accused me of many accusations of DV and everything else.    However - the judge wasn't buying it and we both signed joint undertakings.

The judge decided that because I work full time, I would have to leave the home.  I then had 2 weeks to leave the home (the ex had to give me some money to enable this).  I also negotitaited that I would have my children stay with me: Every other weekend (Friday til Monday morning) and on a Wednesday after school for dinner.

So I have now moved out into a flat nearby.   It was hard at first coping with the loss but I am slowly starting to get back on my feet.  Dare I say it, but I am starting to enjoy this.

I kinda get the best of both worlds (although I miss my children constantly).  A friend of mine told me that you don't need to see your children everyday to be a good dad as long as the time you spend with them is quality time.

I am now is a lovley flat that is big enough for me and my boys.. its costs ALOT but I think its worth it.  I am dating now and really enjoying it and I have started a fitness and healthy eating regime.     I am starting to feel happy again.

Meanwhile my ex just seems to be  fuelled with anger, hatred and resentment.   I am still getting a letter from her solicitor approx every 2 weeks with false claims!   I thought they would all stop but I just think she is so angry that she cannot help it.

I just wanted to post to prove to people in a similar situation to what I was in as I was terrified.  You can make it work.

I would like to know how some of my old buddies on here are doing also. 

Still a long way to go and I don't know how long this good feeling will last but I feel like this is a start.

Good luck everyone!

Messages In This Thread
Forced to move out BUT there is hope! - by Chester Copperpot - 05-16-2019, 03:24 PM