Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wife gone to CMS . . .
My ex and I have a joint bank account which was £5k overdrawn and the bank put it on "not operational" but even so, the charges and debt costs were circa £90pcm, and it was at the point where we were told that sooner or later they would close it, and demand their money- so I thought the debt is a debt and why are we paying £90pcm on the debt- it is crazy- so I paid it all off using a credit card with a 0% balance.

I had been paying her £650pcm in maintenance, for 3 children, and I had never, and would never shirk away from my responsibility, even though she restricts the amount of time the children can stay over with me, they do stay Fri and Sat night every other weekend, and more nights during the week too. So when I paid off the overdraft, I told her I would reduce the maintainence to £570 per month, and I would use her £70 and mine to pay off the credit card debt. A solution I thought was reasonable.

I then get a letter from the CMS saying she has contacted them, and they seem to have used a figure of £52360- even though £4600 of this was car allowance, and also, I have the children at least 76 nights per year, and  last years figure also included bonus payments, which this year I have not earned at all- which my payslips can evidence. So the CMS have worked out a figure of £9548.94 per year, which is £795.75 per month. An extra £225.75 per month. 

As the CMS don't (I believe) take into account benefits the mother may be on, this means that even though she is denying the children more time with me, even though I would like for them to spend more time with me.

Any and all advice appreciated, thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Wife gone to CMS . . . - by takethemike - 10-28-2019, 08:31 AM
RE: Wife gone to CMS . . . - by SeanS - 10-28-2019, 09:25 AM
RE: Wife gone to CMS . . . - by Astroman - 10-28-2019, 02:03 PM
RE: Wife gone to CMS . . . - by civic4 - 10-30-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: Wife gone to CMS . . . - by Charlie7000 - 11-03-2019, 05:45 PM