Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
(10-07-2016, 08:46 AM)nilbo Wrote: Hello,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Has the ex stated any reasons as to why she doesn't want you involved? Your daughter has a right to a relationship with both parents. Were you married at the time of birth/registered as the father on the birth certificate?

What did she say to the police and what did they say to you?

Personal advice is to not communicate with her unless it can be tracked. IE e-mail.

It looks like you will have to go down the legal route and can represent yourself if you have any problems. I'm sure someone with more experience in regards to what forms need to be filled will be along shortly to advice.

It's a difficult time but do hang in there!

The first issue here is if you have PR for the Child. You get this by being named on the birth certificate, sometimes by formal agreement or Court Order.
If you do not have PR, you have no legal standing (except having to pay child support), so either the birth can be re registered with you present to sign, or you need to as the court to grant PR, as part of your Child Arrangements Application.

The court fee is £215, what can be reduced if on a low income, free if on some means tested benefits, so speck to your local court office about this. Unless you need to get anything like Medical Reports, the court fee is your only cost, regardless of how many hearings it goes to.

The child has a right to see both parents, unless your ex can evidence good reason not to, for example Child Welfare/Protection Issues. Any claims she makes, you have have set down for "Finding of Fact", where she proves it, or it can not be considered.

The normal up to 2 years old is 4-6 hours per week, over 1 or 2 days. Often ex partners will say they want to be their, but you need to make it clear to the court there is no legal requirement, and that your only asking for contact in relation to your child, NOT your ex.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Messages In This Thread
contact - by avadad - 10-06-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: contact - by nilbo - 10-07-2016, 08:46 AM
RE: contact - by MarkR - 10-07-2016, 08:41 PM

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)