Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgently need help about parental responsibility order
Hi,
   I don't even know how to explain it but, I left my girlfriend pregnant in the UK while my student visa expired. I came back home in my home country to apply for a new visa but nothing worked for me. My boy was born since 2011, and the relationship with my GF broke down after a while; which means that since, I never saw my boy; A social worker contacted me a few days ago to let me know that she wants to give my son into adoption, thing that I didn't agree with,and I want to make a parental responsibility order to the court but I do not know how to make it from my home country(Congo), I have the form but do not know where to send it it; Despite this, I do not know how things are going to happen as they maintained their decision to go to court for adoption. I do not have parental responsibility and declined me to have any contact with my son.
   Thanks for your your help
(10-10-2016, 10:03 AM)pipo Wrote: Hi,
   I don't even know how to explain it but, I left my girlfriend pregnant in the UK while my student visa expired. I came back home in my home country to apply for a new visa but nothing worked for me. My boy was born since 2011, and the relationship with my GF broke down after a while; which means that since, I never saw my boy; A social worker contacted me a few days ago to let me know that she wants to give my son into adoption, thing that I didn't agree with,and I want to make a parental responsibility order to the court but I do not know how to make it from my home country(Congo), I have the form but do not know where to send it it; Despite this, I do not know how things are going to happen as they maintained their decision to go to court for adoption. I do not have parental responsibility and declined me to have any contact with my son.
   Thanks for your your help

You might be able to get Legal Aid if the Local Authrity puts in an applicaiton to court.

You need to fill out form C100 to apply for PR, and an Child Arrangments Order (regardless of if you want the child to live with you, or just contact).

Normally the County Court for the area the Child is located in has juristriction. The Social Worker might be able to advise you of the address.

There is a British Embassy in Congo, here is a link what might help you. http://www.gov.uk/government/world/organ...y-kinshasa
If the child is considered to be a UK National, they might be able to provide you with support and/or advise.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Thanks for your reply but it is quite unfortunate to know that the embassy, as I wrote to them, told me straight away that they cannot help. What a shame

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parental Responsibility & Contact DaisyDad2016 1 1,900 11-16-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Parental responsibility BigJohn 12 7,175 07-18-2018, 09:49 PM
Last Post: BigJohn
  Parental Responsibility Order for unmarried/not on birth certificate dad Lopez 3 2,839 03-20-2018, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Lopez
  parental responsibility NikoP 9 7,994 02-21-2018, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Parental Responsibility Taylor93x 8 9,813 10-24-2017, 09:02 PM
  Help and advice urgently needed - child safeguarding and protection Truegunner01 1 2,926 11-20-2016, 08:54 AM
  Contact Order/Parental Responsibility Question JimmyLiam 1 3,503 07-05-2016, 04:53 PM