Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kids taken abroad... HELP!!!
Hi,

Ex-wife has a residence order and I have access arrangements agreed in Court last Feb.

Found out on Monday that my children have been taken abroad (non-EU country) but my ex has not gone with them. They have gone with an uncle and his fiancee to visit people who live in that country and who helped finance my ex-wife's solicitor costs to try and fight the Access proceedings.

I'm not worried about them coming back to some degree but it raises serious questions in my head why I was not advised particularly because in 2014 my kids were moved 100 miles without me being told and I now spend 5/6 hours every weekend just driving to see them.

I know that she can take the kids away for up to 28 days, if she has a residence order, without my consent.

However, this does not extend to others. They need to have the full permission of all parties with Parental Responsibility.

Added to this is that I won't get my Court agreed telephone calls with my kids which would be a breach of the Order  Sad

Does anyone have any advice on what to do? 

I have advised the police and they think an offence has been committed but need to take further advice before they do anything.

Thanks,
strongdad
(10-11-2016, 10:23 AM)strongdad2016 Wrote: Hi,

Ex-wife has a residence order and I have access arrangements agreed in Court last Feb.

Found out on Monday that my children have been taken abroad (non-EU country) but my ex has not gone with them. They have gone with an uncle and his fiancee to visit people who live in that country and who helped finance my ex-wife's solicitor costs to try and fight the Access proceedings.

I'm not worried about them coming back to some degree but it raises serious questions in my head why I was not advised particularly because in 2014 my kids were moved 100 miles without me being told and I now spend 5/6 hours every weekend just driving to see them.

I know that she can take the kids away for up to 28 days, if she has a residence order, without my consent.

However, this does not extend to others. They need to have the full permission of all parties with Parental Responsibility.

Added to this is that I won't get my Court agreed telephone calls with my kids which would be a breach of the Order  Sad

Does anyone have any advice on what to do? 

I have advised the police and they think an offence has been committed but need to take further advice before they do anything.

Thanks,
strongdad

In law is Child Abduction, as they have been removed from the UK by someone not with PR WITHOUT EVERYONE WITH PR consenting.

Apply to court for an Urgent Specific Issue, stating you want your ex to arrange repatriation of the children.

Also apply to the right of the Resident Parent to take the Children out of the UK to be revoked in this case.

As soon as any part of the order is not carried out by your ex, file Form c79, Application For Enforcement.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Thanks for the advice. The Police weren't that interested in the end.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex wants to take kids abroad sandman 4 3,433 04-15-2019, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Please help! court order has been done. but still wont let me take the kids abroad. James D 1 1,762 10-27-2018, 11:04 AM
Last Post: gormander
  Ex moving kids abroad Lightyfoot13 4 5,649 07-01-2016, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Lightyfoot13