Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mother moving away with son
i been having my little boy every Wednesday for a few hours and Friday through to Sunday night over night for the last year and half my ex told me today shes moving quite a fair distance away an said can i see him once a month instead now because of the distance have i got any grounds to fight my corner to say i have him so much i want to still have him every weekend since that been our life for the last year and half any information would be appreciated, im on birth certificate also.
(10-12-2016, 07:33 PM)marky_s_ Wrote: i been having my little boy every Wednesday for a few hours and Friday through to Sunday night over night for the last year and half my ex told me today shes moving quite a fair distance away an said can i see him once a month instead now because of the distance have i got any grounds to fight my corner to say i have him so much i want to still have him every weekend since that been our life for the last year and half any information would be appreciated, im on birth certificate also.

Apply to Court for
1, A Prohibited Steps Order, preventing the relocation of the child while Child Arrangements Application is in progress
2, Child Arrangements Order.

In your application state what and how long your current arrangements have gone on for, and that you would like to maintain about the same level of contact.

The only issue I can see you having is the fact your ex has very little "Quality time", what a Judge will have to consider if she brings it up.

If its workable for you, my view is to ask for Friday till Sunday every 2 weeks, with 1 mid week visit on the weekend you have the child, and perhaps 2 on the other week.

Note a visit can be just having the child for play then dinner, or overnight. You set out what your asking for.

You will also get up to half school holidays if you ask, but this is 6.5 weeks a year. If you can only do 4 weeks, I advise 1 week Easter and Christmas, and 2 weeks in the Summer. Other school holidays are 1 week, so you would have a normal weekend anyway.

Once an Order has been made for contact, the Judge will then have to decide if the Prohibited Steps extends.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
i work full time so i understand i have to lose the Wednesday as it is to far see him or take him out on a school night, how would a custody battle go in my favor or against if i had him Monday to Friday and she took weekends every weekend so we can maintain the same relationship with our child just role reverse the days i dont want him to miss out on me but i also dont want him to miss out on her would that be a better option or is it unlikely i get him on them grounds
(10-12-2016, 08:57 PM)marky_s_ Wrote: i work full time so i understand i have to lose the Wednesday as it is to far see him or take him out on a school night, how would a custody battle go in my favor or against if i had him Monday to Friday and she took weekends every weekend so we can maintain the same relationship with our child just role reverse the days i dont want him to miss out on me but i also dont want him to miss out on her would that be a better option or is it unlikely i get him on them grounds

A court would only award your ex contact at times she asks. When the Resident Parent wants it has no bearing on it.

I think you have enough to stop the move, and keep the exisiting arranmgements unless she claims she does not have quality time. In that case you can still stop the move, but will have to work out what new arrangements you want.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mother moving away mojo 17 19,011 11-03-2018, 07:40 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Son's Mother Moving to Middle of Nowhere (in Northern Ireland) cdad 0 2,036 04-27-2017, 01:14 AM
Last Post: cdad
  court order to prevent mother moving to other side of country? macbeth102 2 4,494 03-28-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Lost custody as moving home - Not Moving now ageofseparation 11 17,931 05-16-2016, 02:20 AM
Last Post: MarkR