Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice required
Split from my ex-wife in Jul 2014. We have 4 children aged 18/13/11/4. My eldest has had her own baby who will be a year in November, my eldest lives with her boyfriend, She took her mothers side when we split and I am lucky to have seen my grandaughter a handful of times, and only in passing.
I met someone else in August 2014 and we now live together. I have up till now had my children Tues/wed/Thurs overnights and for last month or two had my youngest every second Saturday instead of the Tuesday. This was to allow my ex (We are not divorced, cant afford it) to carry on her nightshift work. she then reduced her work and wanted the kids to stay with her more, but I disagreed and the kids obviously did as well. In 2015 my partner and I took the kids away on holiday abroad for 10 days. She then got herself a new boyfriend in June, however he dumped her by September, when my partner and I went on holiday together, I was also awarded tax credits for my youngest daughter (11) I had already been awarded and receiving child benefit for two years for her, however my ex applied for this unsuccessfully. However she has now gone to her lawyer and yesterday I received a letter stating that the kids do not want to spend as much time with me and I will now only get them every tuesday and every second saturday. I asked the two eldest if it was there choice and they nodded, however I have my doubts tbh. My eldest son aged 13 has ADHD, I take the kids to clubs and football practise every week.

What do I do, Im not due to meet my lawyer till next Thursday (First available appointment) I am supposed to take my youngest to Nursery at 12.45 and not get to see him till Sat. My ex has told the nursery that I am only allowed to collect my son on a tuesday and no other time, I have full parental rights, I am named on birth certificate and I am his full father, this is tearing me apart., my ex is screwing with my kids heads and abusing the fact that my son has ADHD to make him angry, she lets the kids off with murder (Swearing on social media etc) whilst I try and maintain a form of discipline, I dont want my son up in front of a judge in a few years time, which tbh I think could happen if she keeps on going.

I am based in Scotland btw, and we have tried mediation twice - both times were a joke
(10-26-2016, 09:37 AM)Lost_Dad Wrote: Split from my ex-wife in Jul 2014. We have 4 children aged 18/13/11/4. My eldest has had her own baby who will be a year in November, my eldest lives with her boyfriend, She took her mothers side when we split and I am lucky to have seen my grandaughter a handful of times, and only in passing.
I met someone else in August 2014 and we now live together. I have up till now had my children Tues/wed/Thurs overnights and for last month or two had my youngest every second Saturday instead of the Tuesday. This was to allow my ex (We are not divorced, cant afford it) to carry on her nightshift work. she then reduced her work and wanted the kids to stay with her more, but I disagreed and the kids obviously did as well. In 2015 my partner and I took the kids away on holiday abroad for 10 days. She then got herself a new boyfriend in June, however he dumped her by September, when my partner and I went on holiday together, I was also awarded tax credits for my youngest daughter (11) I had already been awarded and receiving child benefit for two years for her, however my ex applied for this unsuccessfully. However she has now gone to her lawyer and yesterday I received a letter stating that the kids do not want to spend as much time with me and I will now only get them every tuesday and every second saturday. I asked the two eldest if it was there choice and they nodded, however I have my doubts tbh. My eldest son aged 13 has ADHD, I take the kids to clubs and football practise every week.

What do I do, Im not due to meet my lawyer till next Thursday (First available appointment) I am supposed to take my youngest to Nursery at 12.45 and not get to see him till Sat. My ex has told the nursery that I am only allowed to collect my son on a tuesday and no other time, I have full parental rights, I am named on birth certificate and I am his full father, this is tearing me apart., my ex is screwing with my kids heads and abusing the fact that my son has ADHD to make him angry, she lets the kids off with murder (Swearing on social media etc) whilst I try and maintain a form of discipline, I dont want my son up in front of a judge in a few years time, which tbh I think could happen if she keeps on going.

I am based in Scotland btw, and we have tried mediation twice - both times were a joke

You need to inform the school that as no Court Order Exists, you are both on the same Legal Standing with PR, and until a Court Order Exists they legally can not stop you picking up the child, regardless of any list of aproved people supplied to them by your ex. Also inform them  that in law its up to your ex to show them evidance of a Court Order making her the Resident Parent, before this restriction could be made.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real quick advice required pl Dingle01902 10 10,502 11-13-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  advice on forms required for enforcement and variation sloth 3 5,859 03-28-2017, 08:37 PM
  Advice Required - Problems Dropping Off Children. wilsons077 1 4,175 06-19-2016, 05:14 PM
  Advice Required on Access and location Knowledge DaleSkey 2 9,270 06-19-2016, 12:22 PM
Last Post: DaleSkey