Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
work
hi can anybody help me ive got to go into hostpital for a heart bypass                                                                                                                     i could be off work for about 26 weeks. can i stop my payments of £75 p week until i get back into work thanx
(11-13-2016, 09:42 PM)gusamufc Wrote: hi can anybody help me ive got to go into hostpital for a heart bypass                                                                                                                     i could be off work for about 26 weeks. can i stop my payments of £75 p week until i get back into work thanx

A lot depends on how your arrangements are in place.

If you are paying under a Court Order, you need to apply to vary it. Only a Court can change an order, even if by agreement, and your ex could put in an Application for Enforcement if you do not do it that way.

If CMS, you need to inform them and your case should be looked at again.
If your going to get Statuary Sick Pay, then if a drop of 25% over the year it will be looked at again.
If you have to claim ESA, or Universal Credit (with no earned income), its a set amount you pay, that being 0 if you have staying contact, and its about £8 per week if not.

If your paying on a "Family Based Agreement", either you need to update it, or tell your ex to put CMS in, who will look at the case considering your current income.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(11-14-2016, 05:06 AM)MarkR Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 09:42 PM)gusamufc it was set up by csa over my earnings thanx again Wrote: hi can anybody help me ive got to go into hostpital for a heart bypass                                                                                                                     i could be off work for about 26 weeks. can i stop my payments of £75 p week until i get back into work thanx

A lot depends on how your arrangements are in place.

If you are paying under a Court Order, you need to apply to vary it. Only a Court can change an order, even if by agreement, and your ex could put in an Application for Enforcement if you do not do it that way.

If CMS, you need to inform them and your case should be looked at again.
If your going to get Statuary Sick Pay, then if a drop of 25% over the year it will be looked at again.
If you have to claim ESA, or Universal Credit (with no earned income), its a set amount you pay, that being 0 if you have staying contact, and its about £8 per week if not.

If your paying on a "Family Based Agreement", either you need to update it, or tell your ex to put CMS in, who will look at the case considering your current income.