Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contact with inlaws
Me and my wife have separated recently 8 weeks. its very complicated. We were going to wales to see her sister with the 2 children, but they have fallen out as they don't approve on what she has done to end our marriage. can she stop me from taking the children to see there auntie and cousin at christmas.Thanks
(11-18-2016, 11:34 AM)Brett74 Wrote: Me and my wife have separated recently 8 weeks. its very complicated. We were going to wales to see her sister with the 2 children, but they have fallen out as they don't approve on what she has done to end our marriage. can she stop me from taking the children to see there auntie and cousin at christmas.Thanks

Unless its in any Formal Agreement or Court Order, its up the parent who has the child anytime who they spend time with.

The only Court way she could stop it, is if she can show Child Welfare/Protection Issues with that person.

If your sorting things you currently, bear in mind that you can not remove a Child from the UK, unless everyone with PR gives consent.
The only exception is if a Court Order allows it, or by default, should a Child Arrangements Order be made, the Resident Parent gets this right, for up to 28 days at a time, but not during contact time unless by agreement.

As part of your arrangements, either Formal, Mediation or Court, ask for this to be put in, that you can take the child outside the UK for a Holiday.
The normal is the following has to be provided
1, flight details
2, who is going with them
3, where staying
4, an emergency phone number being provided.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
well its shared custody but nothing formal as its early days yet but there staying at home with wife everyday except for saturday as they come with me to my mums overnight  school hols i have them at home as im off and the wife works for herself.  if you read my intro post it might make things a little clearer