Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSA - reducing net income
So I'll start having a pension amount deducted from next month.

Currently pay maintenance informally every month. A base amount, plus an extra £100 towards clubs/activities etc.

The CSA calculations I/we use asks for gross income each week. In theory, my gross income wont change due to the pension deduction, but net income will - so how do I back up a claim to reduce the payment I give her?

DSL
(04-20-2016, 10:11 AM)daddyshortlegs Wrote: So I'll start having a pension amount deducted from next month.

Currently pay maintenance informally every month. A base amount, plus an extra £100 towards clubs/activities etc.

The CSA calculations I/we use asks for gross income each week. In theory, my gross income wont change due to the pension deduction, but net income will - so how do I back up a claim to reduce the payment I give her?

DSL

This will depend on if your paying it via CSA, Court Order, As part of any settlement, Mediation or just by agreement with her.

If you post on what basis your paying, I am sure we can point you in the right direction about how to get it changed.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(04-20-2016, 11:24 AM)MarkR Wrote:
(04-20-2016, 10:11 AM)daddyshortlegs Wrote: So I'll start having a pension amount deducted from next month.

DSL

This will depend on if your paying it via CSA, Court Order, As part of any settlement, Mediation or just by agreement with her.

If you post on what basis your paying, I am sure we can point you in the right direction about how to get it changed.
 Just direct to her at the moment. Calculation 9just checked and it does in fact calculate it after pension deduction) shows that my base maintenance should be about £100 less - and I also want to pay the £100 direct to clubs etc rather than to her.
(04-20-2016, 11:30 AM)daddyshortlegs Wrote:

DSL

Just direct to her at the moment. Calculation 9just checked and it does in fact calculate it after pension deduction) shows that my base maintenance should be about £100 less - and I also want to pay the £100 direct to clubs etc rather than to her.
It might be an idea to get a formal agreement in place (in writing), but make sure your using the right calculator, http://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance/y

If she questions why, its the fact that your income is changing you want to make sure you know exactly what you have coming in and out.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(04-20-2016, 11:39 AM)MarkR Wrote:

DSL

It might be an idea to get a formal agreement in place (in writing), but make sure your using the right calculator, http://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance/y

If she questions why, its the fact that your income is changing you want to make sure you know exactly what you have coming in and out.
 Yep - that's what I've used. She'll probs want proof of earnings which I'm happy (I think) to provide. Just worried she'll use it as an excuse to reduce access.
(04-20-2016, 11:45 AM)daddyshortlegs Wrote:

DSL

Yep - that's what I've used. She'll probs want proof of earnings which I'm happy (I think) to provide. Just worried she'll use it as an excuse to reduce access.
She has no right to see proof of your earnings. Due to Welfare Reforms she is deamed as having what the law of the country says she needs to live of, as she can claim any welfare benefits she is entitled to for herself and the child. Any child support you pay does not count in any means tested benefit claim she makes, so your just putting her in a better position the system decides by a fair amount.

Child Support is not in any way related to contact to you (except for the fact that if you have staying contact it does reduce the amount of support you pay).
If you had to go down the court route she would look very silly if she said it.
(04-20-2016, 12:02 PM)MarkR Wrote:
(04-20-2016, 11:45 AM)daddyshortlegs Wrote:
(04-20-2016, 11:24 AM)MarkR Wrote: This will depend on if your paying it via CSA, Court Order, As part of any settlement, Mediation or just by agreement with her.

She has no right to see proof of your earnings. Due to Welfare Reforms she is deamed as having what the law of the country says she needs to live of, as she can claim any welfare benefits she is entitled to for herself and the child. Any child support you pay does not count in any means tested benefit claim she makes, so your just putting her in a better position the system decides by a fair amount.

Child Support is not in any way related to contact to you (except for the fact that if you have staying contact it does reduce the amount of support you pay).
If you had to go down the court route she would look very silly if she said it.

Thanks - very useful. I'd basically refer to the CMS 'Direct Pay' route if she kicks up a fuss. Not sure where I stand on the 'goodwill' extra £100 thing - she'll claim they can't do activities if I drop that - but I just want to pay the clubs/organisations directly instead of through her.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Financial separation - income Alibash 6 752 10-23-2019, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Alibash
  Reducing Maintenance - ethics SteveyA 6 2,128 07-24-2019, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Tom_W88
  High income child benefit charge miker_71uk 3 1,634 09-26-2018, 06:05 AM
Last Post: miker_71uk
  Foriegn Income issues JOHNAQ1 2 1,254 09-21-2018, 01:38 PM
Last Post: JOHNAQ1
  Income and profits from self employment? pretzelzzz 9 3,608 07-19-2018, 07:19 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Sharing my income with ex whilst in same house Riverside78 3 1,646 06-29-2018, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Hazy
  Reducing payments after court order Naive 5 2,466 05-10-2018, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Naive
  Maintenance on low income 2hanger 18 8,586 03-14-2018, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Separated Dads
  Confused at CSA making up my income! sammac 13 8,919 10-20-2017, 10:00 AM
Last Post: MarkR