Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custody Conditions
I am a american father and my son and his mother live in the uk, recently my son's mother has left him with his grandma and has moved in with her new boyfriend and is currently doing cocaine, where do i stand at getting custody of my son? it has been almost 2 years since i had to move back to the usa.
(11-18-2016, 11:26 PM)amerdadbritson Wrote: I am a american father and my son and his mother live in the uk, recently my son's mother has left him with his grandma and has moved in with her new boyfriend and is currently doing cocaine, where do i stand at getting custody of my son? it has been almost 2 years since i had to move back to the usa.

I am going to need more detail on this.

1, Does any Court Order for Formal Agreement Exist, making your ex the Resident Parent.
2, Is the Grandma formally becoming the Legal Guardian?
3, Is the Child known to the Local Authority (Social Services)?
4, If you have been through a court process here in the past, was Social Services or Cafcass involved, and if so their opinion.
5. Are you looking at having the child here, or taking the child back to the USA?
6, Are you a UK or EU National, or under our Immigration Rules would you be allowed to remain in the UK (if you wanted the child here) until the child is 18?
7, Is the Child entitled to hold a USA Passport?
8, Do you have PR for the Child. You will have this automatically if you was married to your ex on the day of birth, or if named on the birth certificate, or sometimes in other formal ways, like Court?

Sorry for all the questions, but there is a lot of areas on law on this one. If you do not want the information public, feel free to click on my ID, and send it as a Private Message or Email (you will see the option on the left of the page).
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex wife puts access conditions in place jurijsl 1 4,116 05-02-2016, 12:19 AM
Last Post: MarkR