Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its funny how.....
Its funny how.....

I received an email from the ex which states that she will not consider giving extra time with my lil one in 2017 because she is not comfortable with allowing additional time, will upset had s routine, not in the kids best interests, better off spending the time with her and her new boyfriend etc. In the same email, she says she will allow me to have the child Christmas eve, Christmas day and again for an additional 5 days which brings us to new years day - because she has plans to go drinking a few times over the festive period. If I can't have the child, she will "get a random babysitter and leave the child in their care"

If it wasn't so disgustingly hypocritical, it would be hilarious.
(12-28-2016, 04:37 PM)complexkane Wrote: Its funny how.....

I received an email from the ex which states that she will not consider giving extra time with my lil one in 2017 because she is not comfortable with allowing additional time, will upset had s routine, not in the kids best interests, better off spending the time with her and her new boyfriend etc. In the same email, she says she will allow me to have the child Christmas eve, Christmas day and again for an additional 5 days which brings us to new years day - because she has plans to go drinking a few times over the festive period. If I can't have the child, she will "get a random babysitter and leave the child in their care"

If it wasn't so disgustingly hypocritical, it would be hilarious.

Are you going to to the London Meet Up? If so, ill advise on the way forward their.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Hi Mark, yes I will be at the meet up.
same for me..

asked for a few extra hours so i could take my lad to football but was knocked back stating its her quality time with the kids....that's funny as she drops them off at her mothers and goes to the gym...

I was allowed to see them for 1 1/2hrs Christmas morning while she sorted out Christmas dinner...Saturday is my day with them but that is changed as and when it suits

all so one sided
It's funny how I send an email saying that we should formalise a plan for our divorce, and how I would like to have the kids 1 extra evening a week when I get my own place...

...and the ex's new partner interprets that as me trying to subconsciously win her back.  Huh

Caused quite an argument.
Hi startinglife... that is funny. So strange how things get misinterpreted by different people, especially when in email format. I can only speak for myself (but think most of us separated dads would be of the same opinion) that do these scumbags actually think that they will ever get given another chance after all of the heartache they have caused us?! Never in my lifetime!
(12-08-2016, 09:27 PM)mhamill6 Wrote: Initially after a break up most of us seem to have alot more contact with our chuildren, yet soon as they start moving on our times with our children gradually decrease!

Every couple who have a child should sign a legally binding contract stipulating access to that child should a break up ever occur!!! I struggle to understand why women have so much power regarding children!

"I struggle to understand why women have so much power regarding children!"

this is a very good point, i could have given my children a far better life. i could have possibly afforded a private education, more holidays and a less toxic environment. I was laughed at when i raised the topic and told there would be no way i would get custody if we went to court. My children were eventually snubbed and ignored when the ex had 2 more with the new hubby, my relationship with my kids soured when the poison was drip fed into their minds of what a bad father i was. in this day and age of equality and house husbands, it is STILL a priority to keep the children with their mother, no matter how toxic the home life. My son was verbally abused by the step father, but it could have been so much worse and we keep hearing of stories where abused children are repeatedly delivered back to that  kind of environment.
I'm fortunate as we share 50/50 custody.  I pick up my daughter Friday after work and drop her off the following Friday.  Mom gets her Wednesday night when I have her and vice versa when she has her.  I'm not saying things are perfect between me and the ex, but we have definitely come to a mutual agreement thats this is best for our daughter.   I know its difficult....but sometimes we need to put the hurt, pain and resentment ect away and find a way to co-parent.  In the end the only one that suffers is our children.  My ex had an affair....and left me.  I have all the reasons in the world to be a bitter, angry SOB....but it will not help my kid.  I should mention....i live in Canada, and I believe my situation is much more common here in regards to child custody.  The moms no longer have automatic power....I have just as many rights as she does.  

I keep reading the stories and it hurts as a dad to hear about the custody and visitation arrangements.  It used to be like that here.....fathers stop taking the crap, pushed the courts and started to win.   Stay strong fellas.....work together....be good dads cause your kids are worth it.
It's funny how... I get birthday messages from everyone on the Ex's side of the family, and positive words of support.

Yet, she can't bring herself to even acknowledge it, or to get my girls a card to give me.

How did I even marry this useless waste of space?
Happy Birthday Pal Smile