Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its funny how.....
Initially after a break up most of us seem to have alot more contact with our chuildren, yet soon as they start moving on our times with our children gradually decrease!

Every couple who have a child should sign a legally binding contract stipulating access to that child should a break up ever occur!!! I struggle to understand why women have so much power regarding children!
Agreed! That's a very good idea!
(12-08-2016, 09:27 PM)mhamill6 Wrote: Initially after a break up most of us seem to have alot more contact with our chuildren, yet soon as they start moving on our times with our children gradually decrease!

Every couple who have a child should sign a legally binding contract stipulating access to that child should a break up ever occur!!! I struggle to understand why women have so much power regarding children!

Hi,

Absolutely spot on! It is a joke. I was a full time dad for over 3 years, then we split but I was having my son every single weekend Fri-Sun which was fine for several months. But then a new man (who has his own separated family) arrives on the scene and suddenly the ex is not getting enough quality time with our son so she reduces me to alternative weekends. On her weekends she is now doing family things such as winter wonderland, with her new fella and his kids!

Women complain about no good men etc - Selfish hypocrites! And as for the courts.... just as bad!
Yes.... agree with it all!
(12-09-2016, 08:26 AM)complexkane Wrote:
(12-08-2016, 09:27 PM)mhamill6 Wrote: Initially after a break up most of us seem to have alot more contact with our chuildren, yet soon as they start moving on our times with our children gradually decrease!

Hi,

Absolutely spot on! It is a joke. I was a full time dad for over 3 years, then we split but I was having my son every single weekend Fri-Sun which was fine for several months. But then a new man (who has his own separated family) arrives on the scene and suddenly the ex is not getting enough quality time with our son so she reduces me to alternative weekends. On her weekends she is now doing family things such as winter wonderland, with her new fella and his kids!

Women complain about no good men etc - Selfish hypocrites! And as for the courts.... just as bad!

Same thing has happened to me! full time dad for 6 years, then we broke up, I was seeing my child every weekend plus Weds night, she then moved further away so I had to stop the mid week sleep over and settle for every weekend which was great. Then a new man arrives and after a couple of months he has moved in with her and now time with my son has swapped to alternative weekends!

I haven't actually started a court process yet although I do have the c100 form at the ready. Have you been through this process? I would be interested to hear your experience.
Hi, I have not gone to court because even if I did, all I would get is every second weekend and half the holidays. So instead, I have been very nice and polite for the past couple of months and recently asked her for Friday night til Sunday morning every week. She is thinking about it. Cu*t, what gives her the right to choose. But that's the way it is.
It's funny how..... You have an email agreement in place, clearly stating that the ex will collect the kid.... Only to receive a text a few hours before collection time asking what time the kid is going to be dropped at her house. If there was a "head in hands" emoji, I would use it.....a lot!
Hey kane. ..what do you do in that case ? Now I could see myself sending a text n then wondering if it came across aggressive or sarcastic etc and getting wires crossed ...but ultimately end up dropped in them back?
When we all know if it was boot on the other foot it would be made into a huge deal....
I simply replied saying no, that is not what we agreed. A few sh***y texts later and she is picking him up, 45 minutes later than agreed. Happy days for me as I get more time with my best friend! But still, no discussion about if I am ok with it, just dictating to me.
Guys seriously,
you are better than me. I just hang up when dictated too, or just say no and say what example are we setting? I got to the end of my patients and sent an email saying she makes her choices I make mine and they should not affect each other or the children. she has to live by her choices and vice versa. too which I got we need to talk and I said no talking is done. we have our arrangement and we stick to it.
I was being patient and could see the children suffering so enough was enough. sometimes you just have to be a c*** and stick to your ethics and morals. I could see me being a door mat for the next 18 years.

Doc