Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telephone contact
Hello, not sure if anyone may know the answer to this but my ex says I can only try and call my children on the days her solicitors have stated in a letter, and that I shouldn't ask the children if the they want to speak to me on other days. Does her solicitors letter have any legal standing?
(12-10-2016, 08:04 PM)NewHill123 Wrote: Hello, not sure if anyone may know the answer to this but my ex says I can only try and call my children on the days her solicitors have stated in a letter, and that I shouldn't ask the children if the they want to speak to me on other days. Does her solicitors letter have any legal standing?

The Solicitor is only carrying out her instuctions.

More detail is needed, to include ages of any children, if any contact in place if if so how. Does any Court Order Exists? Is there any reason why you should not have contact?
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Hey NewHill123,

to be honest, I speak to my boys (6 & 3) every night I don't have them 7pm-7:15pm without fail (even if on a date or out, I make a point of calling, I have been abroad, I call). Granted, most of the time i have to tolerate the ex feeding the boys words (which i can hear and on occasions her shouting at the children and the children crying). The point I made is the boys need their dad, hearing a voice makes them smile they know dad is always there for them and they also know and have a continued connection. on the other hand the number of times the ex calls when I have the boys I can count on 1 hand over the six months (thats her choice).
The real question at hand and needs to be asked is: is she not prepared to hear your voice and if so, she is preventing a dad being a dad? Being a dad is not just about money its the emotional support you provide to your children and the children knowing and feeling you are there for them! We all, even ex's need to take emotion and personal feelings out of the equation and do what is best for the children. Any letters, emails, txts or any contact log them, save them all, as the children will grow up and want answers. I have vowed to be honest and present everything to the children when they are older as they will have been affected and have a right to know what and why.

just create your argument: fathers miss their children, the children miss their dads, a phone call can make an immense difference to a child's emotional welfare <that is what I based my argument on.
I also based my contact with my children to every Friday night and every other Friday & Saturday night. The Ex, used the argument she would not have quality time with the children to which I countered, I would make the boys breakfast, put them to bed every night and any time whether it is breakfast or supper or bed time is quality time with children and I would swap everything for Mon-Thurs and she could have the boys every Friday and alternate Saturday nights (I did originally ask for every FRI & SAT nights, I knew she would never go for that, but by saying ok how about every friday and alternate fri and saturdays was a compromise in others eyes).

Just because your ex is a woman does not automatically make them the best parent, just remember that!!! Always, base your argument around your children and not about you.
Also remember people like to blame others for their own failings. make your argument base in on what is best for the children and when it comes to everything over estimate what you want and know what you are willing to accept for the children.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cafcass telephone interview helpless dad 11 18,044 08-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: helpless dad
  Telephone contact NewHill123 4 6,196 05-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Telephone contact NewHill123 5 7,451 12-22-2016, 09:37 AM
Last Post: NewHill123
  Advise needed re no telephone contact with my children Mike123 1 4,500 06-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Last Post: MarkR