Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Story
Hello dad's today I am feeling pain that's indescribable, it started just over 3 months ago.
I felt something was going on so I decided to have a look through a few draws, I  found Ann Summers underwear
and the panties was badly stained which strait away made massive alarm bells ring.... at that point my heart dropt
my stomach churned and i have been feeling this way ever since.
She wants a Divorce we have a 11 year old daughter.... she also wants the house + 10k
this is a big worry for me as well been to the solicitors and she also has been to the solicitors but as of yet have not received any paper work.
there is around £170000 equity in the house with 42000 left to pay on the mortgage, Do you guys think she will get the house ?
I think i can afford to buy her out with around £150000 as Maximum. Cheers guys.

One other thing I forgot to mention that a few a days after the Ann summers incident I want out on the piss when I got back early hours of the morning I got into bed with her
she started to push we away and said that i should not of gone through her draws. At that point I flipped grabbed the back of her neck and said i will kill you.
She recorded the whole incident and then she rang the police i was arrested and later cautioned. I feel what the whole thing was a setup so she could get me out the house.
I am still Living in the house as i refuse to leave.
(12-20-2016, 10:58 AM)Dominic49 Wrote: Hello dad's today I am feeling pain that's indescribable, it started just over 3 months ago.
I felt something was going on so I decided to have a look through a few draws, I  found Ann Summers underwear
and the panties was badly stained which strait away made massive alarm bells ring.... at that point my heart dropt
my stomach churned and i have been feeling this way ever since.
She wants a Divorce we have a 11 year old daughter.... she also wants the house + 10k
this is a big worry for me as well been to the solicitors and she also has been to the solicitors but as of yet have not received any paper work.
there is around £170000 equity in the house with 42000 left to pay on the mortgage, Do you guys think she will get the house ?
I think i can afford to buy her out with around £150000 as Maximum. Cheers guys.

One other thing I forgot to mention that a few a days after the Ann summers incident I want out on the piss when I got back early hours of the morning I got into bed with her
she started to push we away and said that i should not of gone through her draws. At that point I flipped grabbed the back of her neck and said i will kill you.
She recorded the whole incident and then she rang the police i was arrested and later cautioned. I feel what the whole thing was a setup so she could get me out the house.
I am still Living in the house as i refuse to leave.

There is not enough detail for me to get you exact amounts, but if "Family Money" just from during the relationship, regardless of who earned more, then the mortgage has been paid by you both.

You will need to use your own amounts, but if you had a 10 % deposit, you own 5% each.
If you split up 10 years into a 20 year mortgage term, then 45% of the remaining 90% was paid, so 22.5% each. Therefore, 27.5% of the profit would be due in a buy out, as that is the amount they own.

Next estimate how much the house would sell for, taking away costs of the sale.
Estimate the early settlement of the mortgage amount, including any early payment fees.

That will give you an idea on the profit, so the percentage of that would be the buy out amount. If you can not raise the full amount, then you might be able to let her have a charge on the house, so any balance becomes due only on sale.

Where you say she wants the house and 10k, the fact is that its a commercial contract, and if its in both names, the provider can come after either of you for the whole amount. Unless she is going to carry on paying half, then you will come out with a higher share, if you decide to pay it.

The welfare benefit reforms made it so that the division of assets no longer comes into things in terms of maintenance. Because the benefit system now is bias towards the Resident parent, there can not longer be claims for a higher share, as they are paying for the children's normal day to day costs.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.