Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some help, BADLY!
Sad 
Hi all,

Firstly, thanks a million for taking the time to read this. I will try to keep it short and to the point without wondering off on a waffle.

About 16 months ago my partner and I were going through some difficulties, both personally and with our business in the UK. 

I was told by her that she was going on Holiday to Thailand to see her family (she's Thai). She didnt return. 
After leaving for a while decided to move to Thailand to be nearer the kids and blah.

That was now 6 months ago now. I got to see my eldest daughter for just 2 hours during this months and nothing of my 2 year old daughter. I was allowed to speak on the  phone to them about 4/5 times to add.

I found out yesterday that the ex has yet again left the country (Thailand) with the kids to move to yet another country (location as yet to be pinned down but think its Singapore).

I would like to hear what rights I have, if any and whether I should contact to Police in the UK. She didnt have my consent when she left the UK nor does she have it now.

At a loss and would love to hear some options and get some advice.

From a totally gutted proud father of two beautiful girils
(12-21-2016, 02:06 AM)simon1979 Wrote: Hi all,

Firstly, thanks a million for taking the time to read this. I will try to keep it short and to the point without wondering off on a waffle.

About 16 months ago my partner and I were going through some difficulties, both personally and with our business in the UK. 

I was told by her that she was going on Holiday to Thailand to see her family (she's Thai). She didnt return. 
After leaving for a while decided to move to Thailand to be nearer the kids and blah.

That was now 6 months ago now. I got to see my eldest daughter for just 2 hours during this months and nothing of my 2 year old daughter. I was allowed to speak on the  phone to them about 4/5 times to add.

I found out yesterday that the ex has yet again left the country (Thailand) with the kids to move to yet another country (location as yet to be pinned down but think its Singapore).

I would like to hear what rights I have, if any and whether I should contact to Police in the UK. She didnt have my consent when she left the UK nor does she have it now.

At a loss and would love to hear some options and get some advice.

From a totally gutted proud father of two beautiful girils

If the children only hold British Passports, then the law has been broken. However, if other passports exist, it might change things.

Your local CAB is a good starting point. If any UK court order exists, then most countries who signed up for The Huage Conversion will cooperate. Just British law beign broke might not be enough in terms of geting the children back, but it might be enough to have a warrent waiting for your ex at the ports and airports.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I don't know if it helps but I was told that if they change the name of the children or they try to leave the country without your consent. So long as you're on the birth certificate, they are breaking the law.
(12-24-2016, 01:48 PM)KM12 Wrote: I don't know if it helps but I was told that if they change the name of the children or they try to leave the country without your consent. So long as you're on the birth certificate, they are breaking the law.

There is an International Aspect to this case, and while if the child is only a British National you are correct, the Nationality Status for anywhere else would come into this, as UK Law might not cover it.

As an example if someone has British and USA Passports, UK law could not stop a USA National going home.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need help badly maddogg86 1 1,880 08-17-2016, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Andy1