Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telephone contact
Hello, I have recently split from my wife and have 4 young children, due to the distance we live apart I cannot visit them every week, and hence have to rely on the telephone to contact my children, however I have not been able to get through for over a week now to speak with them, I feel that my ex must either unplug or turn off the phones ringer, can anyone advise me on there anything I should be doing to improve contact with my young children?

Thanks
I use Messenger and WhatsApp to speak to mine. Messenger allows video conversations so you can see each other. I would suggest you speak to the ex and see if you can come to an agreement regarding contact.
Parental Alienation needs to be a crime, but much more of the law needs to be changed. Join in the discussion on Facebook for a complete overhaul of all laws related to children. https://www.facebook.com/groups/PEAGroup/
My children are too young for their own mobile phones, I was allowed to call them on FaceTime until the beginning of Feb this year then the ex said "it's my phone and I don't want you using it so you'll have to call the landline when you want to speak to your children" , she even emailed me telling me the days and times I can call but I still often go weeks without the phone being answered,
(12-21-2016, 08:36 PM)NewHill123 Wrote: Hello, I have recently split from my wife and have 4 young children, due to the distance we live apart I cannot visit them every week, and hence have to rely on the telephone to contact my children, however I have not been able to get through for over a week now to speak with them, I feel that my ex must either unplug or turn off the phones ringer, can anyone advise me on there anything I should be doing to improve contact with my young children?

Thanks

The way forward is dependent on how your existing arrangements are in place, for example verbal agreement, Formal or Mediation Agreement, or is there any court order.

The wording of it might come into it, but as Family Court Orders are restricted, do not post anything what might identify you or anyone involved in your case.
You can use Private Message by clicking on my ID, where there is also a link to email me.

Again, bearing in mind the above, who created this distance, was it your ex relocating after separation? The angle I am looking at, is the "Excessive Travel for Contact" aspect of Child Support, might help you archive more time with your children.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Hi,

I would also suggest that in your next arrangement be it court or directly with your ex you agree or ask that she calls you at a agreed time rather you trying to reach her.

How far are you apart?

F.
Yes I agree that it would be better she call me but there is no way she will do that as she says it is me who wants the contact so I must pay for the phone costs, so I think it will be forever me calling her, the eldest child is only 6 so not old enough to call herself or have a mobile yet. I have resigned myself that contact with my children will be very infrequent until they are older maybe 11 or 12 , then hopefully if they still want contact they will be able to contact me. As she always has an excuse either they gone to park, out shopping etc for not answering, or when she does answer they are having their tea, in the bath, or have visitors round and they cannot talk.

I do not have a contact order in place as yet as we are still bitterly arguing through solicitors over the finance split on the divorce and need to get that sorted before I throw in the bomb of a contact order wanting to have the children up to 4 weeks of the year in school holidays and maybe a weekend in 4, as that will absolutely infuriate her to exploding point, making the finances impossible to conclude

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cafcass telephone interview helpless dad 11 18,044 08-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: helpless dad
  Telephone contact NewHill123 4 6,196 05-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Telephone contact NewHill123 2 4,484 12-11-2016, 06:35 AM
Last Post: DocBrown
  Advise needed re no telephone contact with my children Mike123 1 4,500 06-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Last Post: MarkR