Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas contact
Hi all.

Me and the ex live 400miles apart (not through choice). I have begged and begged and managed to gain Skype contact twice a week with our two girls (6pm Monday / Thursday). However it is very rare that when i Skype both girls are there. This week for instance only one was available and even then she was unwilling to talk.
I have for some weeks been trying to form Skype contact over Xmas period. I suggested the Xmas eve evening and any time xmas day to my ex. She has vehemently said no! Why? Why? She will not allow me to be with the kids ds Xmas day and will now not even facilitate Skype. Why? She has a new man etc, whilst I'm still at my parents - so it shouldn't particularly cause her any upset. I don't think her cold heart is capable of that level of compassion anyway.
It is the time of peace and good will, so why do they think it is within their rights to do this to us? Help
Hello Adam,

You have my sympathy as I totally understand your predicament, due to being in a similar position myself, I am a long way from my young children and my ex "banned" Skype early in the year saying it's her computer and she doesn't want me using it, so if I want to contact the children I should call the landline, yet I call the landline religiously on th edays and between the times SHE has picked but mostly it's not answered and it is monitored as the phone is always on speaker phone so she can monitor the conversation, not that I would say anything that I shouldn't or am embarrassed at being overheard, but it's just not very nice knowing she is listening in and dictating the conversation at her end. She also makes sure that when the children do answer the phone they are busy and sometimes the phone is annswered by my 4 year old and before I say hello even she immediately says" hello daddy, can you speak to me on Sunday bye"

So you are definitely not alone in your situation as somehow some ex wives think that the children are better without contact with their father, Parent alienation I believe it is called, I do not know what to do about it but make sure you keep a record of all calls emails texts etc, so that if you do get your case to the courts you have documented history of what yo say have done and her obstinate behaviour, sorry I couldn't be of more help.
I just don't understand why residential parents (mothers usually) are allowed in law to behave like this! Why does the law not protect children? The children must suffer the absence of their Dad. When every quirk of the human nature seems to be catered for and provided for in law it staggers me that there is no law here to protect children from being used in what is clearly an agenda of retribution.
Thanks guys. Busy time of the year so appreciate it! "An agenda for retribution" - great quote Alex. The kids are being punished here, no doubt. I spent every day with our two (now 5 and 3) until mamma filed for divorce. My understanding is that if we were in Canada or Brazil for instance, then Parental Alienation is recognised as a crime for which the perpetrator can be punished. Not so in the UK. I feel that that desperately NEEDS TO CHANGE! Kids are suffering. I am suffering.
(12-23-2016, 09:12 AM)Adam Barton Wrote: Hi all.

Me and the ex live 400miles apart (not through choice). I have begged and begged and managed to gain Skype contact twice a week with our two girls (6pm Monday / Thursday). However it is very rare that when i Skype both girls are there. This week for instance only one was available and even then she was unwilling to talk.
I have for some weeks been trying to form Skype contact over Xmas period. I suggested the Xmas eve evening and any time xmas day to my ex. She has vehemently said no! Why? Why? She will not allow me to be with the kids ds Xmas day and will now not even facilitate Skype. Why? She has a new man etc, whilst I'm still at my parents - so it shouldn't particularly cause her any upset. I don't think her cold heart is capable of that level of compassion anyway.
It is the time of peace and good will, so why do they think it is within their rights to do this to us? Help

You can still apply for a Child Arrangments Order (after Mediation if you have not tried that), as Indirect Contact can be part of the order, and you might want to consider just school holiday contact, where you will get up to half.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christmas day contact Elwood Blues 9 9,476 11-13-2017, 08:22 AM
Last Post: LTCDAD
  Christmas contact anyone? NewHill123 8 11,307 01-01-2017, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Lifes4livin
  Christmas Contact Australia 1 3,576 12-21-2016, 08:52 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Advice around Christmas contact please Stripy 3 5,658 12-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Stripy
  Christmas contact - how to make it work benson99 8 11,910 11-15-2016, 03:56 PM
Last Post: LTCDAD
  Christmas contact Hoobnasty 6 10,942 05-14-2016, 07:57 AM
Last Post: MarkR