Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my story
hi all

i have an ex from hell (prob same as most of you)

she moved out of the family home 4 years ago and after alot of hassle i now have got her off the mortgage, i paid her out...... eventually. (phew) i have 2 kids with her

i have always paid her maintenance money of£250 pcm without fail, gave her extra money etc towards playscheme (which she claims for) and things like kids holidays etc

was together 3 years after she moved into her new house my my 2 kids. then she met someone else but didnt have the decency to even tell me, just fobbed me off etc. anyway....... i was off work for a 4 weeks and told her i could give her the full £250 pcm that particular month as i have a mortgage etc to pay, so i gave her just over half of it (which i struggled to do) then.................. a letter from the dreaded cms!!
 stateing i must pay £453 or something daft. based on that i dont see my children  Huh

basically she opened a case against me.  i have my kids every other wknd and one night during the week so it equals 2 night a week on average, now.......... she told the cms from the outset that i only have them one night every other wknd, so then i was over paying by alot more so then i had to get a solicitor to draught an agreement stateing when i do actually have my kids and had to get her to sign it, which she did....eventually (she works in a solicitors and her colleuge/freind looked at it for her) she sent it back to the cms. 
now she has stopped me from seeing my kids on a couple of occasions as it suited her and in the same week she rang cms and told them im not sticking to the agreement!!!  frustrating or what is i was still overpaying!and that she wanted the dates on the agreement changeing to suit her by an advantage of 2 months!!! Angry
she also requested a variation on me as i have 2 properties i rent out, which she knows about.... 

they have noted i made voluntary payments to her even though cms said dont pay anything till we recalculate but she was pestering for money so i paid the usual amount (after all she was used to getting that money every month and it avoided me having to leave it to one side till said date)

anyway after months and months of endless phone calls to that set of under educated bafoons , evertime i rang i had to explain my case from the start like none of it was ever logged down,  i have never come across or more dis organised bunch of tossers ever!! 
they changed my case worker 4 times and everytime it was just as it looked like i was getting somewhere, anyway after sending them proof of the ex resticting my access and sending months worth of bank statements they sent it all off to the mandatory reconsideration team to make a final decision Dodgy

eventually a few days before xmas they rang me to tell me they had recalculated my payments to the original signed for agreement and that my the shared care is finally agreed as per agreement!! at last and gave me my new payment details, it was less than what it would of been but i had been overpaying by £80 a month!! 
yayy.  Big Grin

in my opinion the cms is the biggest crock of shit i have ever had the misfortune to come across, honestly my ex probably does not have a clue how much hassle i have had with that set of wankers.

is there anything else i can use to reduce my costs to the cms as the way i see it she gets a hell of alot in tax credits, child benefits, housing benefits etc but yet i am assessed on my GROSS yearly wage....... wtf!! i earnt the most iv ever earnt last year due to all the overtime etc i did plus working away but now all that ha stopped (nature of the business) so im having to pay her now on last years wages!!  

since all this started i have had time off work with stress and generally felt low, down and deflated due to having to constantly try to get them to see that i am the one telling the truth, she has just been basically abusing the system and just gets away with it, i have wrote lots of letters to the cms explaining how i feel. she has just cost me, you the tax payer and staff etc alot of time and money just because she been lying to them and gets off scott free............. honestly it makes my blood boil!!  Confused

she trying everything to try to get at me, telling me our kids will meet her boyfreind soon, if not itl be in the morning for cuddles with my kids etc, shes sick. iv had lady freinds but not ever would i choose to torment her using another woman to try to get at her.... thats just wrong. 
anyway chaps,........ thats about it, hope you could be bothered to read it lol
Hello Cptn Caveman,

Read with horror your post, although it does sound familiar, as I like many on here have an ex that seems to think ex husbands have infinite financial resources, however, I see you have had dealings with CMS, I assume this is child support, I've not got to that stage yet, do you know how it is calculated, is it based on gross earnings? Or net earnings? What if you have a company car? What happens if you loose your job? Is it based upon previous years income? What if you cannot get a job that enables you to pay your own living expenses and then pay maintenance on top.

Ant advice would be much appreciated

Thanks
(01-01-2017, 08:51 PM)NewHill123 Wrote: Hello Cptn Caveman,

Read with horror your post, although it does sound familiar, as I like many on here have an ex that seems to think ex husbands have infinite financial resources, however, I see you have had dealings with CMS, I assume this is child support, I've not got to that stage yet, do you know how it is calculated, is it based on gross earnings? Or net earnings? What if you have a company car? What happens if you loose your job? Is it based upon previous years income? What if you cannot get a job that enables you to pay your own living expenses and then pay maintenance on top.

Ant advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

hi newhill123 

yes cms is child maintenance services  (you really dont want to get involved if you help it)
its calculated by your GROSS wage.... yes......GROSS from the year before............ couple of links here but ring them and they will go through most things with you.... i did, several times to try and find out as much as i could...

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance
http://www.cmoptions.org/en/calculator/y

like i said im paying on last years wages that are far higher than it will be this year due to less overtime etc so yes.... last years wages.
havnt a clue about company car tho,.... i heard that if you have a loan on a car then they can take that into  consideration but i havnt got a clue but if anyone on here knows the answer i would be massivly grateful.

they dont seem to give a shit about what we have to pay for tbh, like i said to them.............. if i cant afford my mortgage because im paying over the odds due to her lies then i would lose the house and maybe have to rent a 1 bed flat, then i couldnt have both overnight then i would have to pay even more maintenance etc, it has a strong potential for a very sad downward spiral........

some i spoke to seemed to understand where i was coming from but they all said that its the GOVERNMENT that set the rules and they have to follow suit. 

does anybody know if the ex will actually get any penalised or anything for telling lies and wasting everybodys time and effort and money??
(01-01-2017, 08:29 PM)captaincaveman Wrote: hi all

she moved out of the family home 4 years ago and after alot of hassle i now have got her off the mortgage, i paid her out...... eventually. (phew) i have 2 kids with her

i have always paid her maintenance money of£250 pcm without fail, gave her extra money etc towards playscheme (which she claims for) and things like kids holidays etc

was together 3 years after she moved into her new house my my 2 kids. then she met someone else but didnt have the decency to even tell me, just fobbed me off etc. anyway....... i was off work for a 4 weeks and told her i could give her the full £250 pcm that particular month as i have a mortgage etc to pay, so i gave her just over half of it (which i struggled to do) then.................. a letter from the dreaded cms!!
 stateing i must pay £453 or something daft. based on that i dont see my children  Huh

basically she opened a case against me.  i have my kids every other wknd and one night during the week so it equals 2 night a week on average, now.......... she told the cms from the outset that i only have them one night every other wknd, so then i was over paying by alot more so then i had to get a solicitor to draught an agreement stateing when i do actually have my kids and had to get her to sign it, which she did....eventually (she works in a solicitors and her colleuge/freind looked at it for her) she sent it back to the cms. 
now she has stopped me from seeing my kids on a couple of occasions as it suited her and in the same week she rang cms and told them im not sticking to the agreement!!!  frustrating or what is i was still overpaying!and that she wanted the dates on the agreement changeing to suit her by an advantage of 2 months!!! Angry
she also requested a variation on me as i have 2 properties i rent out, which she knows about.... 

they have noted i made voluntary payments to her even though cms said dont pay anything till we recalculate but she was pestering for money so i paid the usual amount (after all she was used to getting that money every month and it avoided me having to leave it to one side till said date)

anyway after months and months of endless phone calls to that set of under educated bafoons , evertime i rang i had to explain my case from the start like none of it was ever logged down,  i have never come across or more dis organised bunch of tossers ever!! 
they changed my case worker 4 times and everytime it was just as it looked like i was getting somewhere, anyway after sending them proof of the ex resticting my access and sending months worth of bank statements they sent it all off to the mandatory reconsideration team to make a final decision Dodgy

eventually a few days before xmas they rang me to tell me they had recalculated my payments to the original signed for agreement and that my the shared care is finally agreed as per agreement!! at last and gave me my new payment details, it was less than what it would of been but i had been overpaying by £80 a month!! 
yayy.  Big Grin

in my opinion the cms is the biggest crock of shit i have ever had the misfortune to come across, honestly my ex probably does not have a clue how much hassle i have had with that set of wankers.

is there anything else i can use to reduce my costs to the cms as the way i see it she gets a hell of alot in tax credits, child benefits, housing benefits etc but yet i am assessed on my GROSS yearly wage....... wtf!! i earnt the most iv ever earnt last year due to all the overtime etc i did plus working away but now all that ha stopped (nature of the business) so im having to pay her now on last years wages!!  

since all this started i have had time off work with stress and generally felt low, down and deflated due to having to constantly try to get them to see that i am the one telling the truth, she has just been basically abusing the system and just gets away with it, i have wrote lots of letters to the cms explaining how i feel. she has just cost me, you the tax payer and staff etc alot of time and money just because she been lying to them and gets off scott free............. honestly it makes my blood boil!!  Confused

she trying everything to try to get at me, telling me our kids will meet her boyfreind soon, if not itl be in the morning for cuddles with my kids etc, shes sick. iv had lady freinds but not ever would i choose to torment her using another woman to try to get at her.... thats just wrong. 

In terms of contact, unless you can increase it to over 156 nights a year, its not going to change your Child Support, but even in a basic contact situation (what yo have more than), you would get half the school holiday should it go to Court, but it would also need Mediation first. If you can not do 6.5 weeks of school holidays, you could ask for 4, that being 1 week Easter and Christmas and 2 weeks in the Summer (plus a normal weekend). If you do go down this route, as part of the process, ask the Court for leave to take the children outside the UK for a holiday, otherwise you could have to make a court application when you want to, unless your ex agreed.

Unless you are paying towards a Mortgage in yours or both names, for a house the child lives in, but not you, or your ex has relocated resiting in excessive travel for contact costs, you can not get a reduction.

However, as she is having income from renting Houses considered, you have a case for the costs involved in that to also be looked at. Therefore, every year the amounts will change.

For example this tax year should be based on 2015/6 tax year. As the law does not require you to file a Self Assessment until later in the year, what you should do is either
a, estimate your income for 2016/7 if you think there has been a change
b, carry on paying the same amount.

So in effect, you are making payments on account.

Once the Self Assessment is done, then they will work out what is due over the whole tax year, take off payments on account you have made, and then come up with a new payment plan, so that over the tax year she gets the correct amount.

Any Child Care costs are hers. If the law says she needs help with them (means tested) and she is working 16 or more hours, and if any new partner they also work at least 16 hours, then Working Tax Credit will pay 70%. It must be Ofstead Approved, or a Registered Childminder. It is illegal to pay anyone else for child care exceeding 14 days per year.

The applicable amounts for other benefits also move by £15-45, depending on if single and number of hours worked, what in most cases covers the 30% Working Tax Credit do not pay.

The law can never make you pay any more than what CMS says, it is a fully inclusive amount.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(01-02-2017, 08:27 AM)MarkR Wrote:

yayy.  Big Grin

In terms of contact, unless you can increase it to over 156 nights a year, its not going to change your Child Support, but even in a basic contact situation (what yo have more than), you would get half the school holiday should it go to Court, but it would also need Mediation first. If you can not do 6.5 weeks of school holidays, you could ask for 4, that being 1 week Easter and Christmas and 2 weeks in the Summer (plus a normal weekend). If you do go down this route, as part of the process, ask the Court for leave to take the children outside the UK for a holiday, otherwise you could have to make a court application when you want to, unless your ex agreed.

Unless you are paying towards a Mortgage in yours or both names, for a house the child lives in, but not you, or your ex has relocated resiting in excessive travel for contact costs, you can not get a reduction.

However, as she is having income from renting Houses considered, you have a case for the costs involved in that to also be looked at. Therefore, every year the amounts will change.

For example this tax year should be based on 2015/6 tax year. As the law does not require you to file a Self Assessment until later in the year, what you should do is either

Once the Self Assessment is done, then they will work out what is due over the whole tax year, take off payments on account you have made, and then come up with a new payment plan, so that over the tax year she gets the correct amount.

Any Child Care costs are hers. If the law says she needs help with them (means tested) and she is working 16 or more hours, and if any new partner they also work at least 16 hours, then Working Tax Credit will pay 70%. It must be Ofstead Approved, or a Registered Childminder. It is illegal to pay anyone else for child care exceeding 14 days per year.

The applicable amounts for other benefits also move by £15-45, depending on if single and number of hours worked, what in most cases covers the 30% Working Tax Credit do not pay.

The law can never make you pay any more than what CMS says, it is a fully inclusive amount.

hi mark

i couldnt really have them more often than i do with my job, most i could do is ask her for an extra night during the week, which i have done in the past but she just says theyv got too much on or it would disrupt her  and the girls routine! 

now then i was still paying the mortgage on the property after she moved out for the best part of 3 years so i dont think i can reclaim any of that (obviously she was accruing equity which i then had to include in the payout)  unless anyone here knows otherwise??
if my profits from the property are under £2500 than the cms DO NOT include this amount when calculating an assesment ..... i think?

i have an accountant that works out my tax assesment every year which includes a tool allowance for my job aswell which is some releif i suppose as im always needing new tools.

she works 21 hours a week by the way and wont work anymore because well.... basically she just lose benefits so she might aswll have 2 days off a week and get the same if not more.. while im slogging my guts out in a crap job, she used to text me saying shes off for coffee mornings with the girls or out to lunch or the gym etc.... but her excuse is.... im doing stuff for the girls etc lol. anyway thats just how it is.

does anyone know if car loans are deductable as far as the cms calculations are concerned?

and the cms had already knew what i had earnt last year!!!!
(01-04-2017, 10:04 PM)captaincaveman Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 08:27 AM)MarkR Wrote:

yayy.  Big Grin

hi mark

i couldnt really have them more often than i do with my job, most i could do is ask her for an extra night during the week, which i have done in the past but she just says theyv got too much on or it would disrupt her  and the girls routine! 

now then i was still paying the mortgage on the property after she moved out for the best part of 3 years so i dont think i can reclaim any of that (obviously she was accruing equity which i then had to include in the payout)  unless anyone here knows otherwise??
if my profits from the property are under £2500 than the cms DO NOT include this amount when calculating an assesment ..... i think?

i have an accountant that works out my tax assesment every year which includes a tool allowance for my job aswell which is some releif i suppose as im always needing new tools.

she works 21 hours a week by the way and wont work anymore because well.... basically she just lose benefits so she might aswll have 2 days off a week and get the same if not more.. while im slogging my guts out in a crap job, she used to text me saying shes off for coffee mornings with the girls or out to lunch or the gym etc.... but her excuse is.... im doing stuff for the girls etc lol. anyway thats just how it is.

does anyone know if car loans are deductable as far as the cms calculations are concerned?

and the cms had already knew what i had earnt last year!!!!

Her routine has nothing to do with you wanting to carry out your responsibility's for an extra night a week.  As its happened in the past, she has to show significant reason why it can not still happen, what would stand up in a "Finding of Fact Hearing".

Regarding the house, you need to work out how much she has a claim on.

The law has it that "Family Money" was used in the relationship

Example, 100,000 house with a 10% deposit

Unless you can show this money existed before the relationship, you own 5% each.

If separation is 10 years into a 20 year Mortgage terms, half of the 90% was paid during that time, 45%, what is 22.5% each. (plus the deposit %).

From separation, she only gets the credit for any payments she made towards the mortgage, except if child support was shorted, and then she also gets the credit for the shorted amount.

To buy her out (or on sale), you need to

Estimate the current value (minus expected sale costs) and look at what today's settlement amount on the mortgage is (taking into account any early repayment fees) to give you an idea on the profit you will get. Then she gets her percentage from that amount.

Therefore, in your case, while the value might of gone up in the 3 years, her percentage she has a claim on did not.

Money from the sale of a house is not considered for Child Support, except in the case of where you was operating it as a business.

If you was, the costs (Mortgage and any maintenance issues) would of been on a Self Assessment, what would of reduced your Child Support liability, but then income either from tenants or lodgers would also of been considered, and also on sale the profit would be on your Self Assessment for this tax year, but would be reportable to CMS if your income was to go up by 25%  to last tax year.

It its was just a family home, then its not reportable income as far as Income Tax is concerned, so it does not affect CMS payments.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.