Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foreign father rights
Hi. As everybody here i have a serious problem with my marriage. I would like to share my story.

I m Turkish and my wife ( she will be ex wife soon)  is from UK. My wife came to turkey 7 years ago and we married. We have 2 daughters. 1 is 4 year old and other is 2. We married officially in 12.01.2012. This year she told me to move to england. We sold everything and i gave her the money to settle here. after summer and getting my visa i came to england and my wife said she didnt want to go on with this marriage and she wanted to live like an english. and she sent me away. We had lots of positive and negative conversations since then (2 months). We had a serious argument today and she implied to me that she would not show me the children. 
What i want to ask to the professionals is, i have english visa for 2 years but i have no uk passport. 
Do i have any right to take any of my children with me to Turkey until school age? if not do i have any chance to get a work permit to settle somewhere near my children and see them properly? 

I would appreciate any extra information about law or human rights or your personal experiences etc. 

Thank you very much in advance.
(01-05-2017, 10:55 PM)serdar Wrote: Hi. As everybody here i have a serious problem with my marriage. I would like to share my story.

I m Turkish and my wife ( she will be ex wife soon)  is from UK. My wife came to turkey 7 years ago and we married. We have 2 daughters. 1 is 4 year old and other is 2. We married officially in 12.01.2012. This year she told me to move to england. We sold everything and i gave her the money to settle here. after summer and getting my visa i came to england and my wife said she didnt want to go on with this marriage and she wanted to live like an english. and she sent me away. We had lots of positive and negative conversations since then (2 months). We had a serious argument today and she implied to me that she would not show me the children. 
What i want to ask to the professionals is, i have english visa for 2 years but i have no uk passport. 
Do i have any right to take any of my children with me to Turkey until school age? if not do i have any chance to get a work permit to settle somewhere near my children and see them properly? 

I would appreciate any extra information about law or human rights or your personal experiences etc. 

Thank you very much in advance.

Due to the fact that the children are entitled to hold a UK Passport, are currently in the UK as well as everyone in your case, the UK County Court has Jurisdiction, unless any other court order was made in Turkey before the came here.

Until a Child Arrangements Order (or Consent Order setting out the arrangements for the children) exists, you are under UK law, on the same Legal Standing, as long as you have PR. Under UK law you get this by being married to your ex on the day of birth. As you was not in the UK then, your local law might need checking on this.

Due to the international aspects of the case, you can go to court without Mediation.

At the age of your children, under UK Law, they have a right to "Quality Time" with Both Parents, unless there is proved Child Welfare/Protection Issues.

The starting point for contact would be Friday till Sunday every 2 weeks, and up to half school holidays.

If you want shared care, then ask for mid week visits as well.

Due to your immigration status right now, you will not get Residence from a UK Court, as they would not make an order what could force a UK National Child, to leave if you lost your right to remain.

I am no expert on Immigration regulations, but my view on it is that if you was to obtain a Child Arrangements Order, giving you contact with your children, you have a case to make to the Home Office, that you have Responsibility's you are keen to carry out, as well as the child having rights. It could be that you get leave to remain up to them leaving full time education, but it would have a "no call on public funds" restriction on it, where you have to support yourself without any state benefits. They would have to grant you permission to work in the UK, as under our law, you would have to pay Child Support to your ex.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Dear MarkR thank you very much for your nice answer. i m coming to UK next week and i will do my acts according to your recommendations. Best wishes.