Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child with special needs
Heart 
May not be the right place to ask but i cant find any info anywhere

I have 4 your old autistic child who stays with me 4 days a week when I am home from offshore. She stays every second weekend with my partner when im away..
I Pay child maint to my ex.. by mutual agreement.. However she is getting all the help ( financially and socially )
My question is – am I entitled to ANY help. Be it grants to convert rooms to play rooms. Take her to special classes etc.. It seems strange that this resident non resident bs is the key.. I have her a large % of the time but with no help at all.. My ex gets free baby sitting etc…
Any help or knowledge would be greatly received..

I am looking at the sun rise programme for my daughter and there is funding I hope I am elegable cos my to bit lazy ex wont help her this way 
(01-06-2017, 09:50 AM)tontas Wrote: May not be the right place to ask but i cant find any info anywhere

I have 4 your old autistic child who stays with me 4 days a week when I am home from offshore. She stays every second weekend with my partner when im away..
I Pay child maint to my ex.. by mutual agreement.. However she is getting all the help ( financially and socially )
My question is – am I entitled to ANY help. Be it grants to convert rooms to play rooms. Take her to special classes etc.. It seems strange that this resident non resident bs is the key.. I have her a large % of the time but with no help at all.. My ex gets free baby sitting etc…
Any help or knowledge would be greatly received..

I am looking at the sun rise programme for my daughter and there is funding I hope I am elegable cos my to bit lazy ex wont help her this way 

The Welfare Benefit Reforms mean the deciding factor is who gets the Child Benefit, can only claim.

The only exception to this is in the case of DLA, what is being changed to PIP, where if you can evidance costs related to what the money is for, you have a case.

I am going to send you a private message, as I know a place local to me what might be able to advise you on grants etc.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
thanks for the info

my child is 5 so I don't think she is eligible in scotland