Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Seperated and have no idea what to do
Hi I am looking to find what I can do if she decides to move 400 miles away and takes the kids? Can I stop that can she do whatever she wants?

Also the eldest wants to live with me he is 11 is that something that will be considered if she disagrees?

We are literally just separated and living under the same roof assessing options.
(01-06-2017, 12:29 PM)GJ20 Wrote: Hi I am looking to find what I can do if she decides to move 400 miles away and takes the kids? Can I stop that can she do whatever she wants?

Also the eldest wants to live with me he is 11 is that something that will be considered if she disagrees?

We are literally just separated and living under the same roof assessing options.

If she has said she is considering it, you need to get to Court for an Urgent Applicaiton for Prohibited Steps, and Child Arrangements Order.

Ask the Court to make an Order that she can not relocate the Children by more than 15 miles, while the Child Arrangement Application is in progress.

Should you get contact in place, then also ask for an updated Prohibited Steps, stopping her from relocating resulting in making the order not workable.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is leaving the family home a bad idea? jedinightnight 19 19,425 10-03-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: paul1891
  Is it a good idea? twinsdad 5 7,133 02-10-2017, 02:40 PM
Last Post: LTCDAD