Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My situation
Hi

Just thought I would post abou tmy situation.

I have been seperated from the mother of my children for around 3 years. It was a very acrimonious split and went through courts. Throughout the court case my story never changed but hers had grew arms, legs and probably a few heads as well. My story stayed in line with the evidence courts had plus what never helped her was her applying for a interim interdict to stop me being near her or kids she applied for it 24 hours before I was due to be sentenced for apparently throwing her down the stairs, which kind of had the Sheriff wondering if my ex actually had a brain as she didn't need any medical attention despite claiming to be thrown down the stairs, she never even had a bruise from it.

Anyway by last January I had finally sorted out full contact and have court order detailing my contact which is , alternate weekends Friday to Sunday, every Wednesday and each school holiday I should have half of the holiday period with them.

Thiso has been happening well but my ex is not happy with it and has tried everything from going to Social Services about my care of kids, no issues or concerns found by them while in my care, however some minor issues whire in her care. So it sort of backfired on her.

Since then any concerns I have that clearly effect kids health or wellbeing I flag them with Social services. Now back in October social services organised a meeting around the children which I had to attend along with my ex. This was run by a student social worker. They were saying it was to resolve communication issues.

Now, communication between me and my ex. I have been advised by, Sheriff, court, lawyers, social services and Police to keep in personal and verbal communication to a minimum due to her. The courts and Sheriff advised this because at first she had an interdict in place where she contradicted herself when complaining I didn't talk to her. If I did I would have been jailed Sheriff made this clear to her. The Sheriff advised written communication was probably best so Facebook was agreed upon.

One occasion I had to pick kids up in person my ex booted off when I told her to get off her backside and get my son to a doctor reform his severe nappy rash. Within 2 hours I had police at my door. I advised them of what happened and provided witness information as well as recorded proof. This is where r they advised to use written communication.

When social work first got involved the social worker advised to keep contact via written means only again due to my exs behaviour.

Last year (summer) my ex decided she didn't like being told to stop messaging my new partner and also got told to stop her latest man to stop messaging me. It should only be me and her discussing things. That got up her nose to the point she had the police detain myself and my partner who is disabled on a Wednesday, we were questioned and the police officers exact words,at end of interview with me is my ex a bit of a nutcase. Again they were advising I avoid her and her family like the plague.

Anyway October and this meeting about communication this student social worker was demanding I provided a phone number and basically bullied me throughout even though I explained to her the above points.

This is a ongoing complaint with the local authority over this students conduct as not only did she not listen to me at the meeting, in a phone call with her about my sons eye health as I got him an eye test as I had concerns she turned round and said a high street optician is not as good as a hospital.

My children are perfectly healthy but health has been a major headache for me. I have had to complain to their GP several times and I have had to continually remind them I have parental rights and responsibilities for both children so they can not legally refuse to speak to me about the children's health. This was sorted out but not been tested lately.

Now hospital and getting information about their health is where I'm getting no where. Does anyone know what the situation is legally and how to go about getting information from nhs trusts. I have hit a wall and not sure what to do now.
(01-09-2017, 05:12 PM)daddygorilla Wrote: Hi

Just thought I would post abou tmy situation.

I have been seperated from the mother of my children for around 3 years. It was a very acrimonious split and went through courts. Throughout the court case my story never changed but hers had grew arms, legs and probably a few heads as well. My story stayed in line with the evidence courts had plus what never helped her was her applying for a interim interdict to stop me being near her or kids she applied for it 24 hours before I was due to be sentenced for apparently throwing her down the stairs, which kind of had the Sheriff wondering if my ex actually had a brain as she didn't need any medical attention despite claiming to be thrown down the stairs, she never even had a bruise from it.

Anyway by last January I had finally sorted out full contact and have court order detailing my contact which is , alternate weekends Friday to Sunday, every Wednesday and each school holiday I should have half of the holiday period with them.

Thiso has been happening well but my ex is not happy with it and has tried everything from going to Social Services about my care of kids, no issues or concerns found by them while in my care, however some minor issues whire in her care. So it sort of backfired on her.

Since then any concerns I have that clearly effect kids health or wellbeing I flag them with Social services. Now back in October social services organised a meeting around the children which I had to attend along with my ex. This was run by a student social worker. They were saying it was to resolve communication issues.

Now, communication between me and my ex. I have been advised by, Sheriff,  court, lawyers, social services and Police to keep in personal and verbal communication to a minimum due to her. The courts and Sheriff advised this because at first she had an interdict in place where she contradicted herself when complaining I didn't talk to her. If I did I would have been jailed Sheriff made this clear to her. The Sheriff advised written communication was probably best so Facebook was agreed upon.

One occasion I had to pick kids up in person my ex booted off when I told her to get off her backside and get my son to a doctor reform his severe nappy rash. Within 2 hours I had police at my door. I advised them of what happened and provided witness information as well as recorded proof. This is where r they advised to use written communication.

When social work first got involved the social worker advised to keep contact via written means only again due to my exs behaviour.

Last year (summer) my ex decided she didn't like being told to stop messaging my new partner and also got told to stop her latest man to stop messaging me. It should only be me and her discussing things. That got up her nose to the point she had the police detain myself and my partner who is disabled on a Wednesday, we were questioned and the police officers exact words,at end of interview with me is my ex a bit of a nutcase. Again they were advising I avoid her and her family like the plague.

Anyway October and this meeting about communication this student social worker was demanding I provided a phone number and basically bullied me throughout even though I explained to her the above points.

This is a ongoing complaint with the local authority over this students conduct as not only did she not listen to me at the meeting, in a phone call with her about my sons eye health as I got him an eye test as I had concerns she turned round and said a high street optician is not as good as a hospital.

My children are perfectly healthy but health has been a major headache for me. I have had to complain to their GP several times and I have had to continually remind them I have parental rights and responsibilities for both children so they can not legally refuse to speak to me about the children's health. This was sorted out but not been tested lately.

Now hospital and getting information about their health is where I'm getting no where. Does anyone know what the situation is legally and how to go about getting information from nhs trusts. I have hit a wall and not sure what to do now.

The starting point is the Practice Manager at your GP. Ask them to check how the children was registered, in so much as are you on record, or just your ex.

If just your ex, show them evidance of PR, and insist the child is registered with both parents on record.

They might go over records with you present, or you might have to make an access to data request.

This is not an NHS service, so there might be a charge for any copys of reports you want, as well as their time.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I got the gp side sorted it's the NHS trust side that is the issue
(01-09-2017, 09:09 PM)daddygorilla Wrote: I got the gp side sorted it's the NHS trust side that is the issue

Details on any treatment will be stored on the records at the GPS office, and as such you can obtain them under access to data regulations.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Thanks Mark, I have been told by the local trusts records dept I need to make an access request for each child and will be charged for the privilege.

Is there not a legal way I can force them to ensure I am named on the records so that I get copies of reports ect.
(01-11-2017, 11:24 PM)daddygorilla Wrote: Thanks Mark, I have been told by the local trusts records dept I need to make an access request for each child and will be charged for the privilege.

Is there not a legal way I can force them to ensure I am named on the records so that I get copies of reports ect.

Access to Data, what is what they are advising is the legal way. Under the law, they have to provide it in a set time (I think its 40 days).

This is not an NHS Service, and its going to cost the staff members time, paper etc, so its only fair to other tax payers that they make a charge to cover this.
The law is very clear on what they can charge for, and they are not allowed to profit out of this, just cover their costs.