Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Left UK in 2014 on a dependent visa and no contact with child as wife changed address
Hi there

I am writing here with great hope to find some advice.

I was in the UK till Sep 2014 on a visa valid till Dec 2016 and relationship with my wife was an all time low. I announced divorce that I will file from India and came India and struggled for sometime to find a job and be in my own country as my wife was humiliating me for dependent visa. She is a teacher in london and herself is on a visa.

I kept on calling my wife but she never returned my calls and chose to ignore the divorce papers from India. She changed her job and residence as well. I had no clue about her. I found out through some sources her address and hired a solicitor for child contact arrangement. She kept ignoring it. Finally I had to move to court for child contact arrangement.

Now I am still in India and do not understand what visa shall I apply and whether I will be granted a visa. I want to be in touch with my daughter and fulfill my responsibility towards her and come back to India to do my job and do not want to live at my wife mercy who in the past has got me arrested twice for domestic violence out of which one time she made false complain.
(05-05-2016, 12:06 PM)Indiandad Wrote: Hi there

I am writing here with great hope to find some advice.

I was in the UK till Sep 2014 on a visa valid till Dec 2016 and relationship with my wife was an all time low. I announced divorce that I will file from India and  came India and struggled for sometime to find a job and be in my own country as my wife was humiliating me for dependent visa. She is a teacher in london and herself is on a visa.

I kept on calling my wife but she never returned my calls and chose to ignore the divorce papers from India. She changed her job and residence as well. I had no clue about her. I found out through some sources her address and hired a solicitor for child contact arrangement. She kept ignoring it. Finally I had to move to court for child contact arrangement.

Now I am still in India and do not understand what visa shall I apply and whether I will be granted a visa. I want to be in touch with my daughter and fulfill my responsibility towards her and come back to India to do my job and do not want to live at my wife mercy who in the past has got me arrested twice for domestic violence out of which one time she made false complain.

In terms of what visa you need to come here, check out this link, http://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

You are going to need a Soliciter or Imigration Expert based in the UK for advise on going forward how you can get it so you can come to us to see your daugher.
However, if you was to get a Child Arrangments Order, giving you contact at defined set times (part of school holidays would be a good idea), as well as prove you have to return after contact for your work it might be enough for the Boarder Agency. Do you know if your daugher is considered to be a UK National? This might be give you another angle of your right to come to see her.

You can make an Application for a Child Arrangments Order in a UK County Court, while the whereabouts is not known. There is a seperate form you fill in for this, and the court will locate and serve papers on her.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
My daughter is not a UK national and will turn 12 in August. My wife teaches in school and is now eligible for an indefinite leave to remain.

I have applied to UK family court for child contact and date provided is 7/6/2016. My solicitor advised me to come to UK in visitor visa.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Revoking Spouse Visa Whilst Divorcing - Need Advice mrmajestic 2 392 10-15-2019, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Ex wife won't communicate - can't contact Son pool2017 3 1,486 11-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Wife ran away with both our children to unknown UK address. Don't know where to start Michael81 3 1,498 04-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Last Post: venares
  Spouse Visa / Divorce Imminent - Advice Pls mrmajestic 5 2,640 03-19-2018, 07:24 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Amicably changed court order, ex has changed back OC92 1 1,240 01-22-2018, 12:43 PM
  Unstable Wife - Arrested for child cruelty Missedtheboat 1 1,317 09-24-2017, 09:33 PM
  My ex-wife is not allowing me to see my child Safdara 1 1,545 05-08-2017, 07:15 AM
  Wife taken kids, essentially non-contact - advice please S50B32 4 3,484 04-16-2017, 11:41 AM
Last Post: S50B32
  No contact or address Readingram 1 1,462 03-14-2017, 02:08 PM
  Ex wife being impossible with child arrangements Jock07 1 1,917 01-18-2017, 11:43 PM
Last Post: markthomas