Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Savings
If i was never married although lived together, do i legally have to give half of my personal savings held solely in my name in a childrens asavings account and ISA? Could really do with an hour of not stressing if anyone can help and equally, feel your pain!
(01-18-2017, 11:45 AM)sc0tland Wrote: If i was never married although lived together, do i legally have to give half of my personal savings held solely in my name in a childrens asavings account and ISA? Could really do with an hour of not stressing if anyone can help and equally, feel your pain!

As you was not married, she has no claim, unless she is leving the relationship with debt in her name, where she might have a Civel Action for you to pay half.
She would have to show a Contract or Agreement Existed, and that any credit was taken out due to the affordablity of both your incomes
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(01-18-2017, 09:21 PM)MarkR Wrote:
(01-18-2017, 11:45 AM)sc0tland Wrote: If i was never married although lived together, do i legally have to give half of my personal savings held solely in my name in a childrens asavings account and ISA? Could really do with an hour of not stressing if anyone can help and equally, feel your pain!

As you was not married, she has no claim, unless she is leving the relationship with debt in her name, where she might have a Civel Action for you to pay half.
She would have to show a Contract or Agreement Existed, and that any credit was taken out due to the affordablity of both your incomes

Apologies for the delay and thanks for taking the time to help me out. Had no idea so many people could be so abused by woman! Shocked!
I wonder if the fact this is a child account could possibly complicate things. Who's child is it?

Maybe it's best to have your own money in an proper adult account?
(01-31-2017, 08:18 PM)Hazy Wrote: I wonder if the fact this is a child account could possibly complicate things. Who's child is it?

Maybe it's best to have your own money in an proper adult account?

The way most Trust Funds are set up, the money is locked in until the child is 18.

Any money paid in in law is "Gifted" and they have no right for it to be returned.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Divorce and separate savings OrangeJuice1 4 3,732 05-16-2018, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Hazy
  Any way to reduce personal savings account prior to divorce? shambolic 2 2,548 02-27-2018, 09:15 AM
Last Post: shambolic