Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on child contact for dad on bail
Hello

I am looking for advice for a friend.

He is currently on bail after returning from holiday to be arrested by police for rape allegation made by wife who left the marital home with their 3 year old child. The only bail condition is that he can't make contact with the complainant. He denies this and feel she has alterior visa related motives.

The bail date was mid jan but has been put back for another 3 months. He has not seen his child for over 3 months. I want advice on how to go about arranging contact with his child. The OID has said he can go via solicitor.

Is this work available on legal aid. Firms are quoting hundred ends on pounds for just a consultation.

How much is it likely to cost, he is on a low paid minimum wage job.

Thanks
He can also contact her via a friend. Read the bail sheet carefully. It often says no contact except for the purposes of child welfare but it only relates to the complainant. There is nothing stopping him from seeing his child and making an arrangement via a friend who contacts her on his behalf. I would recommend email (it's easier to keep track of) but if you use text messages, make sure you keep them and back them up. I would not recommend phone calls unless you record them all.

In terms of police bail, it may be put back again and again (that's not in the least unusual) so do start the process of seeing his little one ASAP.

And btw, it isn't unusual either for a woman to make up a rape claim following a split.
Thanks for prompt reply. Contact via friend is not option. Complainant has moved into her sisters house and is now applying for public funds despite not being able to as per visa condition. The only way is formal route though the courts. The question is can he do himself. If solicitors how much will it cost
Sorry to bump, anymore advice please. My friend is really feeling down at the moment and I'd like yo do as much as I can to help him.

Thanks
(01-18-2017, 04:27 PM)Johndoe1 Wrote: Hello

I am looking for advice for a friend.

He is currently on bail after returning from holiday to be arrested by police for rape allegation made by wife who left the marital home with their 3 year old child. The only bail condition is that he can't make contact with the complainant. He denies this and feel she has alterior visa related motives.

The bail date was mid jan but has been put back for another 3 months. He has not seen his child for over 3 months. I want advice on how to go about arranging contact with his child. The OID has said he can go via solicitor.

Is this work available on legal aid. Firms are quoting hundred ends on pounds for just a consultation.

How much is it likely to cost, he is on a low paid minimum wage job.

Thanks
You can not get Legal Aid for Family Matters, except if your the victim of Domestic Violence.

He should have  a Solicitor looking after him the the allegation, and the only way forward is for them to try to speed things up, as there is only a slight chance a contact centre order would be make at this stage, until the case is heard.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bail Problems Parme 5 6,368 07-26-2018, 06:07 PM
Last Post: warwickshire1