Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Communication breakdown.
*My ex and our two young daughters live 400 miles away from me as she filed for divorce four months after we relocated together as a 'perfect family unit' (so I thought). Forced to move back with parents therefore....

So. I have Skype contact twice-a-week.

Tonight was Skype night. First time they (kids) 'wanted to talk' in two weeks. (Rest of time told that they are tired etc etc)

Asked ex politely if I could speak with our eldest daughter next week outside of designated skype times as it is her birthday and due to a series of false allegations / financial ruin I will not be there in person!

Ex's response = No!

Asked her if she cared to discuss what's happening in our kids lives (school, birthday party maybe, friends etc etc) = No!

This has been going on for twelve months!

It was... Her who filed for divorce. Her who took the house. Her who took all the money. Her who moved a new man in. Her who got the kids. Her who had me arrested on completely false charges on two separate occasions (released no charge after 11 months bail). ........ And yet it is her who continues to call all the shots!

How and Why can this and does this happen!!?!....
(01-26-2017, 11:27 PM)Adam Barton Wrote: *My ex and our two young daughters live 400 miles away from me as she filed for divorce four months after we relocated together as a 'perfect family unit' (so I thought). Forced to move back with parents therefore....

So. I have Skype contact twice-a-week.

Tonight was Skype night. First time they (kids) 'wanted to talk' in two weeks. (Rest of time told that they are tired etc etc)

Asked ex politely if I could speak with our eldest daughter next week outside of designated skype times as it is her birthday and due to a series of false allegations / financial ruin  I will not be there in person!

Ex's response = No!

Asked her if she cared to discuss what's happening in our kids lives (school, birthday party maybe, friends etc etc) = No!

This has been going on for twelve months!

It was... Her who filed for divorce. Her who took the house. Her who took all the money. Her who moved a new man in. Her who got the kids. Her who had me arrested on completely false charges on two separate occasions (released no charge after 11 months bail). ........ And yet it is her who continues to call all the shots!

How and Why can this and does this happen!!?!....

How are your arrangements in place?

I am going to need to know why restrictions are in place, as unless you are considered to be a risk to your child, you still have the right to see them. If you do not want this information in public view, click on my ID and you will see links to email or Private Message me.

Without any detail what might identify you or anyone else involved in your case, I need to know about this 400 mile distance, so I know what law we are looking at. I need to know if you live in England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland and the same for your ex/Children.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Access/Communication Advice adamm74 3 4,462 03-30-2018, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000