Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do i obtain a binding agreement?
Hi

Me and my Ex agreed that i wont pay Spousal Maintenance & Lawyer Fees, How do i obtain a binding agreement?
(01-27-2017, 12:32 AM)Johankirchner Wrote: Hi

Me and my Ex agreed that i wont pay Spousal Maintenance & Lawyer Fees, How do i obtain a binding agreement?

Could be as simple as writing or typing it out, and you both sign a copy each. Perhaps either a mutual friend , or 1 each can witness it also.

If you are in agreement about several aspects in your case, you could lump them all together in a Consent Court Order. This could include any of
a, who children live with
b, what time they spend with the other parent
c, any indirect contact
d, sharing of significant days, perhaps with them also phoning the parent they are not with on them days.
e, any financial matters relating to contacts in joint names or where the person not on the contract is agreeing to pay
f, ownership of any assets from the relationship.
g, the fact she is not requesting Spousal Maintenance (its income anyway for any benefit calculation)
h, child support.  My suggestion for this is you say you will pay what the current system calculator says, so it will change if your income does, if you or any new partner have dependent children or if the staying contact arrangements change.

This is something you can drew up yourselves, or one of you instruct a Solicitor to do, and the other one get it checked if they want. Often you both can not use the same Solicitor, as they have to try to get their client the best deal. A Mediation Company could do this for you both, or even a McKenzie Adviser as they are not covered under the same regulations on conflict of interest.

Once filed at court, its just a case of you both turning up, with the Judge making sure you both understand it, and its Ordered.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.