Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cm options and mortgage
Hi all
Hope someone can help. I've been paying CSA and my mortgage for about 4 years. My wife (x to be) lives in the house with the kids. I rent a flat so that I have time and overnights.
I did get a small discount from the Csa so I've paid both. Finance is getting a bit tight and my agreement with the CSA comes to and end in Feb. I pay about 1k a month rent about 900 mortgage and 400 Csa. Cm options can't give me any indication of what I'll need to pay or if the mortgage with be taken into account. My son now lives with me since Dec last year.
Cm have told me I need to pay 550 per month but don't know if they can take the mortgage into account? Help
1. Why are you paying the mortgage?

2. Does the ex have an income?

2 . How many kids are there and how are they split between you?

3. Do you get family allowance and child maintenance for the child with you?
1. Because she refuses to so I'd lose the house and the equity and I need to get another mortgages

2. She works part time but with benefits child allowance and Csa she gets about 30k

3 . Two girls with her 15 and 12 and one boy with me

4. None at the moment
(01-30-2017, 11:35 AM)Madden Wrote: Hi all
Hope someone can help. I've been paying CSA and my mortgage for about 4 years. My wife (x to be) lives in the house with the kids. I rent a flat so that I have time and overnights.
I did get a small discount from the Csa so I've paid both. Finance is getting a bit tight and my agreement with the CSA comes to and end in Feb. I pay about 1k a month rent about 900 mortgage and 400 Csa. Cm options can't give me any indication of what I'll need to pay or if the mortgage with be taken into account. My son now lives with me since Dec last year.
Cm have told me I need to pay 550 per month but don't know if they can take the mortgage into account? Help

First we need to check your Child Support is correct. You need to Claim Child Benefit for your son, then Child Support from your ex. There might be other things you can get, so check out http://www.entitledto.co.uk

It should be 2 separate cases, and both should pay the full amount, NOT JUST THE DIFFERENCE as this would not prove you made full payment.

Case A, the Girls.
You would pay child support based on your income, the disregard amount would go up as you have a dependent child, and then it would reduce depending on "staying contact".

Case B, the Boy.
Your ex would have to pay based on her income, her disregard amount will be higher, as she has 2 dependent children, and then it would reduce depending on staying contact.

In your case, you would apply for a variation of income due to the Mortgage Payments for the house the girls live in. Any benefits you now might get, or Child Support will not come into this decision process (or how much your own rent is). Its a straight look at your income, and if under the law, you can be expected to pay the mortgage amount and their calculation. It it would not leave enough for you and the boy to live on, it will be allowed.

http://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
MarkR has given you some great advice.

To get child benefit for your boy you will have to prove he resides with you. Make sure his address is changed to yours with Doctor, school etc. Contact Child Benefit.

You ex may be committing fraud if she is claiming other benefits for the boy.

Having child benefit for your may lead to you being entitled to benefits yourself and iall this added up may help you get reduced child support for the girls based on the fact you are paying the mortgage.

It is possible that your income may be too high for benefits, try the calculator and see.
Thanks all. Very helpful in a very stressful time

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are my options for escalating solicitor fees? jibberhud 4 4,046 04-12-2018, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Naive