Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] In need of help - Scared as Hell
Hello,

Really stuck both emotionally and physically what to do.My wife has packed her bags and is threatening to leave with my son.I have been suffering with anxiety and depression for the last year due to our relationship.Now she has said to me to leave the house or she will she has given me one week.This is all based on her paranoid belief that I AM REMOTELY LOOKING INTO HER LIFE, remotely checking her computor,her apple I phone etc all of which i have not done and all i've ever wanted is a peaceful life and stay together.My anxiety levels are now at an all time high,I don't know my legal rights,I love my son and dont want either to leave.I just want this whole thing to go away.So scared and confused.What can I DO TO MAKE THIS GO AWAY.sHE DOES NOT WANT A DIVORCE,SHE DOES NOT HAVE ANY ONE ELSE,SHE JUST WANTS ME IN HER LIFE ON HER TERMS TO FINANCIALLY SUPPORT.WHEN SHE NEEDS HELP I GIVE IT AND NOW I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.SCARED HAS HELL. Thankyou
(01-30-2017, 11:44 AM)david s Wrote: Hello,

Really stuck both emotionally and physically what to do.My wife has packed her bags and is threatening to leave with my son.I have been suffering with anxiety and depression for the last year due to our relationship.Now she has said to me to leave the house or she will she has given me one week.This is all based on her paranoid belief that I AM REMOTELY LOOKING INTO HER LIFE, remotely checking her computor,her apple I phone etc all of which i have not done and all i've ever wanted is a peaceful life and stay together.My anxiety levels are now at an all time high,I don't know my legal rights,I love my son and dont want either to leave.I just want this whole thing to go away.So scared and confused.What can I DO TO MAKE THIS GO AWAY.sHE DOES NOT WANT A DIVORCE,SHE DOES NOT HAVE ANY ONE ELSE,SHE JUST WANTS ME IN HER LIFE ON HER TERMS TO FINANCIALLY SUPPORT.WHEN SHE NEEDS HELP I GIVE IT AND NOW I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.SCARED HAS HELL. Thankyou

My situation is very different to yours and your wife and you will have different personalities to my wifes and mine - but in my experience I'm sorry to say it won't go away, you may be able to delay it for a while, I did, but it came back even worse after years of what seemed to me happiness.

From what you say I might suggest therapy for her, and you, but would she go ?

Get yourself to a doctor if you haven't already - I haven't but I go when sick (old timer - only the sick see a doc) - but I've never felt I was "suffering" from anxiety or depression - you say you do - so you need to see a doc.

Get yourself to a lawyer - get on the net and find one that specialties in family law and do the half hour freebie time - don't leave it as you probably won't get a same a day appointment.

Plan where to go if you have to leave - you do NOT want to find yourself in the street at midnight Friday, broke with nowhere to go - at least have a plan, even if it is just knowing where cheap B&B's are in your area.

I truly wish I could suggest a way to make it go away for you - but if you have a plan and know your options that might just decrease the anxiety a little and if she is SURE you've been doing what she says you have you would have a massive uphill struggle persuading her you haven't - as shes decided you have.

God Luck - I'm sure many on here will be rooting for you - but we can't see lawyers or doctors for you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What the hell just happened??? DanDad 15 15,062 10-30-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: ohitsonlyme
  Scared of being lonely SherryDan 10 11,169 10-17-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: outlook
  going through hell and need help Scrufts 1 2,613 08-13-2018, 06:58 AM
Last Post: LTCDAD
  About to embark on Mediation - any tips/pointers? Feeling scared!! AKentishMan 3 4,704 11-03-2017, 09:27 AM
Last Post: AKentishMan
  Scared, depressed, confused. Am I handling things right? johnfranz 2 4,691 05-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Last Post: jreader2017
  What the hell do I do now? brocky1972 25 33,774 02-25-2017, 02:04 PM
Last Post: strider
  Non-molestation Order, contact issues and hell POP22 3 6,146 02-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: POP22
  What the hell should I do? Raddy 4 7,634 10-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MarkR