Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Regarding the child act, your wife is stretching the truth a bit

The ex and the children may be given the right to remain in the family home until the child is 18 or possibly 20 if they go into further approved education. In this scenario your equity will be frozen and you can't access it until the child is 18/20.

There is no law that says you have to house you child in a house of their own. Of course you can do this if you wish.

If your child leaves education and gets a job it is up to them to pay their own way if they wish to leave home.
OK, WE WERE NEVER MARRIED ..... does this effect things?

Also she was living in one of the houses with my daughter that i owned initially when we split but moved out into rented accomadation, where would i stand with that? could she be awarded to move back into one of the houses with my daughter until 18/20?
For sure you have no obligation to let the ex live in one of your houses where it could become blurred in the child but I don't think there is any compulsion to do this. Someone else on here may well have a more definitive answer to this. You could let her live in one of your houses but there would be NO obligation for this to be rent free to her.

Yoir ex does not have the same rights as if you were married, any break/split is much cleaner and fairer usually.

Don't take her word always check these matters out for yourself.
(02-01-2017, 10:02 AM)Chris1 Wrote: Ok that's interesting, we invoice the company for my fiancee's wages and monies go into her personal account to cover her direct debits and bits and bobs for our family like trips and activities on weekends for all our children.
Most emails are dealt with by her also so signed off on her name, she also does all sales invoices so her signature is on them so plenty of evidence to prove she actually does work for the company, and apart from that she is in the office more than i am!!!

I will speak to solicitor about that....thank you.

The only other thing the ex keeps going on about is the child act and she is maintaining i have to house my daughter untill 20 years of age??? the situation is i own 2 houses that are rented out and we live in rented accomodation. the profit compared to the mortgages it would be stupid not to do it this way, i pay tax on the profit obviously and this goes down on my personal tax return. so the question is ... do i need to provide accomodation for my daughter when not with me even though she had the lump sum which could have been used for that and she gets over double what cms calculater say we need to pay her?

thanks in advance

Answered on other thread.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)