Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charging Order
Just received notice of a Charging Order against her share of the house from one of the "fast loan companies" - I've sent to the divorce lawyer but was wondering if anyone has any advise.

I had no idea she'd even taken the loan out, let alone there was any problems with it - it is one that requires a guarantor so I'm a bit wondering why they aren't going after whoever guaranteed it for her.

The good news is her current address was in the papers they sent me - the divorce was sort of on hold as we didn't know where to serve the papers to her - seems we do know.

The bit I found funny is she is in a "refuge" - the police have said they see me as the victim (see other post for details) and the refuge website says domestic abuse includes arranging loans/debt without your consent - which is exactly what SHE did ..................but I am glad she is getting some support.
A little worried about what stories she's spinning as SS asked me about her having to work 3 jobs, took me a while but eventually I remembered she'd talked about three jobs during a period my work was quiet, in 2014, but she'd wanted to go back to work, it was three different task for the same employer (sometimes she worked in their restaurant, sometimes their hotel and occasionally their shop) and while tidying up I found her P45 from them - she averaged about 16hrs a week for six months then my work picked up and she started drawing a salary from my company again. But I am happy she is getting some support.
(01-31-2017, 04:51 PM)Learningdad Wrote: Just received notice of a Charging Order against her share of the house from one of the "fast loan companies" - I've sent to the divorce lawyer but was wondering if anyone has any advise.

I had no idea she'd even taken the loan out, let alone there was any problems with it - it is one that requires a guarantor so I'm a bit wondering why they aren't going after whoever guaranteed it for her.

The good news is her current address was in the papers they sent me - the divorce was sort of on hold as we didn't know where to serve the papers to her - seems we do know.

The bit I found funny is she is in a "refuge" - the police have said they see me as the victim (see other post for details) and the refuge website says domestic abuse includes arranging loans/debt without your consent - which is exactly what SHE did ..................but I am glad she is getting some support.
A little worried about what stories she's spinning as SS asked me about her having to work 3 jobs, took me a while but eventually I remembered she'd talked about three jobs during a period my work was quiet, in 2014, but she'd wanted to go back to work, it was three different task for the same employer (sometimes she worked in their restaurant, sometimes their hotel and occasionally their shop) and while tidying up I found her P45 from them - she averaged about 16hrs a week for six months then my work picked up and she started drawing a salary from my company again. But I am happy she is getting some support.

I would get a copy of you credit file with
a, Experian
b, Equafax
c, Call Credit.

You need to check shes not took any out in your name, and that your not financially linked to her in any way.

You need all 3, as some company's only use 1 of them.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.