Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAFCASS Query
As I have now submitted my C100 - I have had the proverbial email from CAFCASS to login to their secure site.

Does ANYONE have any tips on what not/what to do once they start doing their stuff - my initial hearing is early march.
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Hi,

Usually they will call you and your ex prior to the hearing to establish what the situation is.

Based on that information they will prepare a safeguarding report outlining a short history of your situation and also will they make some recommendations to the judge how to move this process forward. Regard them as the "lawyer" for your child.

Have you been informed about your telephone interview with them yet?

F.
(02-07-2017, 09:35 PM)Frisbos Wrote: Hi,

Usually they will call you and your ex prior to the hearing to establish what the situation is.

Based on that information they will prepare a safeguarding report outlining a short history of your situation and also will they make some recommendations to the judge how to move this process forward. Regard them as the "lawyer" for your child.

Have you been informed about your telephone interview with them yet?

F.

No they haven't informed me about when the interview is, though I am expecting them to drag up my past criminal conviction, and for the ex to do her usual "hes a screaming alcoholic that never loved me!" speech
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
I had my CAFCASS call today, I was completely open and honest with them about everything - and not once did I slate the mother, in fact I praised her for everything that she had done ......

They said I MIGHT get normal access, but if the mother objects I might get a contact center access .....

I also got my Divorce papers through (shes trying everything at the moment!), and according to that I was/am Abusive/Alcoholic/Aggressive and Domineering ....
I have just found out my Ex intends to submit a C1A - should I be worried about this?
Hi,

The C1A is a supplementary form to the C100 and is used if domestic violence, child neglect or abuse is involved in the case.

So, you now need to know that your case is not straightforward anymore.

Expect some pretty rough allegations from your ex on that C1A. The judge will need to look at this and if substantial he/she will call a fact finding hearing. Before that your ex needs to prepare a Scott schedule narrowing down the allegation to max 5-8 points. If there is more stuff on the C1A then the judge is only interested in the worst ones.

Who told you about the c1a?

How are you keeping? Do you have your case in control? Are you represented?

F.
the question is

were you an alcoholic abusive or any thing like that if not then you better hope the judge sees her lies

because in a family court heearing the judge is the jury prosecutor and executioner
Unfortunately invisible is what you would have liked to be at this stage. This is exactly what happened to me. Let me spell it out. Your ex has either told them about things you did - I'm not bothered, but if you did, I hope it wasn't extreme and she does not have evidence - or she has behaved like a lying so and so and told a Jackanory - what happened to me.

I'll tell you straight, either way, it's not good. CAFCASS will not be pleasant in thier report. Your Police file including non-conviction events will be stated and go before the court. They will screw you over, that's what they did to me, yes I do have a record too, no convictions, very minor and not with the one who CAFCASS, the Court and SS held me to account for. CAFCASS are shower of useless, tree hugging, mother indulged w!*kers.

You will want to know what to expect next. If there is anything in the report about you being abusive in front of the child/ren it is almost certain the Case will be referred to Social Services for a Section 7 report. I know you've already read my post so you know what to expect. Unfortunately, the courts will not risk their position on having to ensure the Fathers rights are upheld unless they can pass the blame if sometihng goes wrong, onto somebody else.

You will have several visits from Social Services over 16 weeks while they compile the report. Your ex will take great pleasure during this time in barring you from all contact with your child, that's what happened to me. You have no choice if she does this but you can make a plea for "Supervised Contact" at a designated contact centre just be prepared to wait 6 weeks for a place and you are not guaranteed to get it. Be extremely nice and accomodating to SS. Never say anything bad or negative about your ex. Always be aware of your demeanour, appearance, apperance of your home, facial expressions, general body language and tone of voice. They are trained to pick up on all of it. If they recommend you go on courses, do it, shows willingness and goes in your favour in the long term.

If you do all of this you will come through the Section 7 phase with a satisfactory conclusion and a recommendation from SS that they see no reason for you not to have contact with your child. They are then, strangely enough, on your side. You have befriended the enemy.

Just remember this as well though, if your ex has lied, like mine did, and has no proof, like mine didn't, she is going through exactly the same process as you are. It's called "Safe Guarding" you can Google it. There will be a weekly update session that she has to attend maybe with the child and you can also attend. You can ask to turn up 15 minutes early and leave 15 mnutes late so your ex can't make further accusations like you harrassed her in the car park etc.

After this, all bets are off and your into the full court process.

If you go to court, make sure you are clear about what you petition for, viz, contact schedule. However, be prepared to settle for less initially and build it up. You can always apply for a "Variance" later. Do not worry if she takes a solicitor, be pleasant, polite, cooperative and clear in what you want and focus entirely on your relationship with your child and avoid saying anything negative about her. Do not talk over her or her Solicitor. If they talk over you, be quiet, look at the Magistrates/Judge and hold your hands openly in despair. You will be given your opportunity to speak and it makes her look unreasonable and her solicitor look like a bully. Even say positive things about her such as,

"you understand she is a good parent"
"you appreciate she has a tough schedule, but you're prepared to work around this"
"you just want the best for your child and you believe that is a loving and nurturing relationship with both parents and both sets of in laws"
"your child has two exteneded families and can only benefit greatly from the involvement of both in their life"

You will not go before a Judge to begin with, it will be Magistrates and they will attempt to mediate between you and your ex but a little more forcefully than the Mediator. If nothing can be agreed it will be referred to hearing before a District Judge. The Judge will also attempt to mediate, again much more forcefully than the Magistrates. The first Judge will very likely get an interim order. Then you should do your best to take that as position one and agree things amicably between yourselves from there on. A provisional date for a review hearing should be proposed by the Judge. If it is not, ask for it to scheduled in the court diary. Keep a record of all communication between yourself and your ex from now on. During the initial Order if things are quite hostile, keep a communication diary. Buy one in the shop and return your child with it to her. On the first page state this is to communicate on things between you and her concerning your son and you expect it to be returned with your son every time care pases. Photograph it every time in case she does not return it. It can be used as evidence in court so be careful what you write. Stick to how much your child enjoyed their time with you, what you did etc

Hope this helps. Ask me any other questions you wish. I've been throught it all and paid a fortune to solicitors. You don't need to.
Hi,

There is also a chance that like in my case you get a very doomlooking initial safeguarding report from Cafcass recommending no contact, full blown investigation from Social Service and full blown international police report on you.

Then you might also like in my case get a sensible judge allowing contact and some capable people at Social Service concluding NFA and some hardcore bureaucrat at the Police who says go figure we have nothing on this person.

I had not much hope when my judge then asked CAFCASS to draft the S7 report but was again surprised. I got a glowing report from them.

So, don't be frustrated things can and will also go your way....

F.
I have a Criminal Conviction which I have been 100% open and honest about (its on here as well - I have nothing to hide), however, I know from the divorce petition that the ex is alleging Aggressiveness, Alcholism, Abuse, Neglect, Domineering Attitude and Harassment (amongst other things) - I have already made CAFCASS aware of what is happening with the divorce and how acrimonious it is likely to get - but at no point did I slate the mother - its nobodys fault we just fell out of love and couldnt live with each other.

The woman on the phone was extremely helpful and courteous, she asked if I had a drink problem, and I explained that I had a bottle of wine between myself and my new partner over 4 nights and if they really think that I would be happy to go on any courses that they wanted me to and also submit to testing as well - at the end of the day all I want is a good outcome for my kid.

It doesnt SOUND like they want to bar contact, but I know from reading on here that you can NEVER be sure with them - I have already had contact but the ex keeps chopping and changing and we did have an agreement setup with dates, times, etc and when I disagreed with one thing she pulled it all out (I have it in PDF from her email account which she sent it from).

I am EXPECTING to sound like Satan Personified, I am expecting the worst, and I know my ex wont budge an inch - so I will just keep going ahead

Invis