Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Success?
All,

I have kept some of you in the loop with whats happening on my C100, heres a (good) update.

On Thursday evening my daughter was injured - it was an accident and these things happen, however this has led to the involvement of some agencies, which in itself lets me know that she will be protected.

Yesterday morning I setup a call with the Ex, and we discussed the forthcoming case and I made it quite clear that I am not going to drop it in any way, shape or form, and will continue with it.  So I got invited to the house, to discuss things as it turns out she would not be able to afford to pay for the legal costs that she would incur.

After a good couple of hours of thrashing things out, I get 10 months of her being around to get us both used to being around each other and not killing each other, and after that, I get full and unsupervised access, I also get everything that I was looking for on my Parenting Plan, and a few other things.

We still go to court to have this rubber stamped, but I would like to thank all of you for the support, help and morale you have provided to me over the past few weeks.

Invis
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
(02-11-2017, 10:46 AM)invisibleintellectual Wrote: All,

I have kept some of you in the loop with whats happening on my C100, heres a (good) update.

On Thursday evening my daughter was injured - it was an accident and these things happen, however this has led to the involvement of some agencies, which in itself lets me know that she will be protected.

Yesterday morning I setup a call with the Ex, and we discussed the forthcoming case and I made it quite clear that I am not going to drop it in any way, shape or form, and will continue with it.  So I got invited to the house, to discuss things as it turns out she would not be able to afford to pay for the legal costs that she would incur.

After a good couple of hours of thrashing things out, I get 10 months of her being around to get us both used to being around each other and not killing each other, and after that, I get full and unsupervised access, I also get everything that I was looking for on my Parenting Plan, and a few other things.

We still go to court to have this rubber stamped, but I would like to thank all of you for the support, help and morale you have provided to me over the past few weeks.

Invis
Great news.

For it to be legally binding, you might want to do it as a Consent Order.

How that will work in law, is for either party to want to change anything they must have significant reason, what must be after the order was made.

To be clear on this, she can not re visit the need for supervised contact for the same reasons, as now she is allowing it, in law she has considered this.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Mark,

I have opted to continue with the court action, but just get it signed off in front of a Judge so its done and dusted, my Mackenzie friend seems to think that this would be acceptable.

Invis
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
(02-12-2017, 09:52 AM)invisibleintellectual Wrote: Mark,

I have opted to continue with the court action, but just get it signed off in front of a Judge so its done and dusted, my Mackenzie friend seems to think that this would be acceptable.

Invis

As long as its on a court order, what I said will still apply.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.