Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
visitation time
Hi guys. First time post for me. Im having constant issues with my EX partner blaming every little issue she has on me. i used to get my son friday after my work and then he went home on Sunday every two weeks. But once he started P1 last year he started playing up at school and being cheeky. his mum insisted this is my fault that im letting him away with everything and that he just fights with his younger sister when he goes home after my weekend away. so after that we agreed (reluctantly) on a temporary time shortage so now i only get to see him for 24 hours every two weeks. Friday 4pm till Saturday 4pm. in my opinion this is not enough time as i have to travel one hour to and from his house to pick him up and she has him going to bed at 7pm. so in total i get 10 hours of father son time every 2 weeks. now he is in P2 he has started playing up again she says that i have to be more stern on him but yet whenever i have him he is absolutely no bother. i have spoken to his teachers in past witch his mother did not like and everything seems to be fine. she is now trying to convince me to cut my time down further so 9am-6pm once every 2 weeks. im not to pleased about this as expected. does anyone have any similar past issues that could help or any advise? 

all advise will be welcomed.

thanks for taking the time to read  
Ross
(02-14-2017, 06:05 PM)rossw33 Wrote: Hi guys. First time post for me. Im having constant issues with my EX partner blaming every little issue she has on me. i used to get my son friday after my work and then he went home on Sunday every two weeks. But once he started P1 last year he started playing up at school and being cheeky. his mum insisted this is my fault that im letting him away with everything and that he just fights with his younger sister when he goes home after my weekend away. so after that we agreed (reluctantly) on a temporary time shortage so now i only get to see him for 24 hours every two weeks. Friday 4pm till Saturday 4pm. in my opinion this is not enough time as i have to travel one hour to and from his house to pick him up and she has him going to bed at 7pm. so in total i get 10 hours of father son time every 2 weeks. now he is in P2 he has started playing up again she says that i have to be more stern on him but yet whenever i have him he is absolutely no bother. i have spoken to his teachers in past witch his mother did not like and everything seems to be fine. she is now trying to convince me to cut my time down further so 9am-6pm once every 2 weeks. im not to pleased about this as expected. does anyone have any similar past issues that could help or any advise? 

all advise will be welcomed.

thanks for taking the time to read  
Ross

This is a normal thing, where an ex tried to divert the problem during their time, to being an issue due to seeing the other parent.

My advise is to seek to reinstante your normal contact, allong the lines of Friday till Sunday every 2 week, and up to half school holidays.

It is up to her to evidance this issue is down to seeing you.

Could it be that she is trying to reduce your contact, to gain more child support.
At less than 53 nights, no reduction is made, where at at 53-104 nights there is.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Don't fall for that one mate....

Get your time back and any behavior issues you can both go to the school and discuss it.... kids are often different in school and at home... but not your home - he's a dream with you so maybe the issue is with her (he rebels against her sternness).... whatever is going on there is no need to reduce the time spent with his dad

As for the lad, P1/P2 means he's 4-6 years - normal mate, he's testing his boundaries with his mum and dad... it passes and you get a few years of them being an angel before hormones hit and your back to square 1 :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Depression after visitation maven2017 3 5,524 04-21-2017, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Patrick C