Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion Issues
I wonder if anyone has had any experience with dual heritage/religion issues - How did you get resolve?

I have PR, my ex-partner and I are from two different religions, neither of us are practicing, and it has never stood in our way of doing anything.

The problem now, is that my ex-partner is adamant that she wants my 15 month baby, so follow her beliefs. She is also threatening to challenge me through court if she does not get here wish.

I have remained along the same stance for a long time about this, in that when my son is old enough, he can make his own choices, without anything being forced on him from one so young.

Assuming that my son, lives with his mother - Any court ruling would take into consideration what is "best" for my son, given where he is growing up and the household he currently resides?

Has anyone had a similar experience with this that they could share thoughts on please?

I feel a bit lost here!
Complex one...

Let her challenge you in the court... check out separation templates on the non forum part of the site - they may have something written in them

You need the ex / mediation / family agreement / court to agree something like:

"Father and mother agree that with regard to religion, both parents will mutually respect other parent’s religious beliefs and the ability to bring the child up within those beliefs"

Tough one though as the minute shes alone with the kid, you have little influence (or her of you)

You might need to get legal help but as always - loads of other on the forum might have the answer
(02-16-2017, 11:04 AM)Levi_Saint Wrote: I wonder if anyone has had any experience with dual heritage/religion issues - How did you get resolve?

I have PR, my ex-partner and I are from two different religions, neither of us are practicing, and it has never stood in our way of doing anything.

The problem now, is that my ex-partner is adamant that she wants my 15 month baby, so follow her beliefs. She is also threatening to challenge me through court if she does not get here wish.

I have remained along the same stance for a long time about this, in that when my son is old enough, he can make his own choices, without anything being forced on him from one so young.

Assuming that my son, lives with his mother - Any court ruling would take into consideration what is "best" for my son, given where he is growing up and the household he currently resides?

Has anyone had a similar experience with this that they could share thoughts on please?

I feel a bit lost here!
This could go straight to court due to the international aspects, and either Prohibited Steps to stop something, or Specific Issue application, to force an issue.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(02-16-2017, 09:48 PM)MarkR Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 11:04 AM)Levi_Saint Wrote: I wonder if anyone has had any experience with dual heritage/religion issues - How did you get resolve?

I feel a bit lost here!
This could go straight to court due to the international aspects, and either Prohibited Steps to stop something, or Specific Issue application, to force an issue.

I think it is MarkR. Can only fight it as best I can, losing battle I fear